indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

nairan
User
spacer line

Hi,

In july and august I will travel to North and west Sumatra. In West Sumatra I will stay in Bukittingi, Maninjau. From there I will travell to Dumai for the boat to Malaca (Malaysia).
I Know there is al lot to do and see in the area of Bukkittingi. But it's 10 years ago that I was there for the last time.
So who know's the special places en things to do, that you no find directly in the books of Footprint or the Loney planet?
I look for cheap but good special places to stay, jungle trips (1 or 2 days) and names of good guides there.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Nairan, I have taken the liberty of sending you an email with some information.
I have a small number of photos of Bukittinggi taken this year and amongst the photographs is a guide called Hendri whom I think would be ideal to take you around. I am sure he would be able to show special places to visit.
I will try to find his email address for you.
http://community.webshots.com/(...)lbum/367882385JzIWcy
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Nairan, where are you??

nairan
User
spacer line

He Pamela!
Thanks for your e-mail, I will send you an e-mail back!
But the pictures from Bukittingi are so funny, because Merdeka Homestay is the same place we stayed 10 years ago! And I was wondering if Merdeka Homestay still be there. So I'am so glad it's still there and I will go for sure in august!
I believe, but I'am not sure that Hendri was also there. 10 years ago 2 young guys were running Merdeke Homestay. There were friends or brothers. My sister tells me yesterday that one of them are now living in the Netherlands. I will look into my fotoalbums and let you know! If you have his e-mail please send to me.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hey Nairan,
Isn't that strange about you wanting to know about Merdeka and I had the photos. It is such a gorgeous house. I really loved staying there, so big, so airy and so clean and at 60,000-75,000/night it was very affordable as I had 4 other people travelling with me that I was paying for.
The 3 guys to one room and Elvy and I in the other.
Hendri is a guide in Bukittinggi, he does not have anything to do with Merdeka. My friends and I met Hendri in the tourist office in Bukittinggi and spoke with him and a couple of other guides for a couple of hours. We were discussing all the trips Hendri has taken to Nias over the years. Have a look at his comments books, it is fascinating.
We also discussed Painan south of Padang where my friend Edi has his beach house by the water called Edi's Homestay and how maybe they could organise tours down there as there are no guides in Pianan.
It is an area that is not known to the back packer traveller.
Yes, I will look for Hendri's email address and post it here later.
Pamela

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,100,761 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,803,167 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com