indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

wowow22
User
spacer line

I live in South America (I'm actually from Paraguay), and am deeply interested in Indonesian culture. I'd love to meet Indonesian people, learn about their country through them, and have some help in teaching me bahasa indonesia, trying to clear up some doubts. A very nice lady from Kuala Lumpur has helped me so far, but I've learned that malay is not quite the same as bahasa indonesia. I listen to hundred of Indonesian songs (I've downloaded them in MP3, and listen as much as I can---They're beautiful songs, mostly), get the lyrics and try to translate them. It's hard, though, and usually can't get them entirely translated.

If you feel like helping me, talk about your country, etc., please do... Terima kasih! Emoticon: Bye bye

nona
User
spacer line

are you living in Holland ?

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

On 06-06-2005 17:55 nona wrote:
are you living in Holland ?

On 06-06-2005 00:27 wowow22 wrote:
I live in South America (Im actually from Paraguay)

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

I think Albert should ask for a moderator function at this forum. He is very good in keeping an eye on everyones remarks.... Emoticon: Wink

Begin de details te vergeten

wowow22
User
spacer line

No, nona, I live in Asunción, Paraguay. That's the capital city (about 1.5 million inhabitants) of a tiny country (speaking about its population, which is 5.5 million --- The area is 476.356 sq Km --- By South American standards, that's a small country).

Thanks, Albert. You're very perspicacious Emoticon: Worship .

The point is: nona, are you able to give me some hints on bahasa indonesia?
If not, thanks for your interest, anyway Emoticon: Bye bye .

rosetine
User
spacer line

hai wowow 22. if u really want to learn bahasa indonesia, u can came n stay in yogyakarta city. even the foreigner want to work or study bahasa indonesia, they choose yogyakarta coz it is student city. n then the live economique is chep tha another town to indonesia. it s easy to practice bahasa indonesia when u meet local peuple.
i studied in yogyakarta n now i work in this town. ok i hope that u can think about this information. best regard Emoticon: Smile

Jason
User
spacer line

Hi wowow22,

I cant speak much Bahasa but I can tell you what Rosetine said is true, it is much easier to learn if you go and stay there, I understand that this may not be possible and therefore I would recommend researching around your own country to see if there are any private teachers of Bahasa, or maybe even advertise in the papers? Look into buying some books or even try some online websites to help you,
http://www.languagetechnologies.com
http://users.skynet.be/dvran/bahasa_links1.htm
http://www.geocities.com/mbordt/bahasa8c.htm
http://people.freenet.de/indonesian/
And my favorite translator site: http://www.toggletext.com/kataku_trial.php
Sorry but that’s the only advice for you I have as I too am in the same boat.

wowow22
User
spacer line

Hi, rosetine and Jason!

Thank you very much for your much helpful hints.

Of course, I'd love to spend some time in Yogyakarta... Indeed, I'm planning to travel to Indonesia in September, and stay there for around 2 months, from Sumatra to Lombok. That'll be my first trip to Indonesia, and I hope it's the first of many to come. Who knows, I'll settle in Yogyakarta later on... I'll check and see.

My first request has already been responded: Finding kind people to help me, thanks to both of you. The next step is trying to get into your recommendations (Those sites you sent me, Jason (THANKS!!!), + your hint to stick to Yogyakarta, rosetine (THANK YOU TOO!!!)).

Terima kasih to both of you! Emoticon: Bye bye

spacer line  

dear friend,

If I can help you to learn Indonesian language, I would love to help you.
Jika saya dapat membantu Anda, saya akan sangat senang untuk membantu.

Regards,

WJ

wowow22
User
spacer line

Terima kasih, WJ.

Are you Indonesian? How can I contact you? Do you have Skype? May I have your e-mail address?

Sampai jumpa lagi!

spacer line  

dear wowow,

My email address is win_jo26Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com.
By the way what is skype?
Yes, I am an Indonesian. Ya, saya orang Indonesia, dan dapat berbicara dalam bahasa Indonesia meskipun saya bukan guru bahasa Indonesia.
Semoga hari Anda menyenangkan. Sampai jumpa lagi. Senang berkenalan dengan Anda.

WJ

Mermaid
User
spacer line

Hi Wowow,

Really appreciated about your interest to learn about Indonesian language, as Indonesian, I would like to help you learning Indonesian language. Just contact my email address, would be happy to help you.

Regards,
Mermaid

mermaid_in_asiaRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Selamat datang seorang perempuan d. Amerika Latina,

As you probably had noticed that INDOnesian is also influenced by the Spanish and Portugese language .... words like: mesa, mortillo, bandeira, etc.
But also portugese style of music had their influences: kroncong music or gendangan ...
Anyway I wish you a lot of succes: mucias hablar INDOnesia .... !!!

Greets .... Anis.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

hobo1
User
spacer line

I am originally from the US - now an expat in Indonesia (5 years). One problem I have encountered is the influence of "Jakarata slang" on the language. Many songs use terms that are not found in the dictionary but used frequently by the young people all over Java.

If I were you, I would spend a week or two first in a classroom to learn the basics. Then travel, trying to practice and learn as many words as you go along. Then, at the end of your stay, go back to school - or find someone who can spend some rigorous effort refining and correcting what you have learned. It is not a difficult language to learn, since most sylables are roughly equal to a Western language... and the sentence structure also follows the Western pattern. Of course to become proficient requires years of practice.
Hobo

Hideaway Bungalow in Kuta Lombok - check my homepage

spacer line  

dear wowow,

I think hobo gives you a fine advice.

WJ

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Wowow,

I will arrive in Jakarta on 2 september. I'm originaly from Indonesia and may know some things that may come in handy. So iff you need some assistance on other matters, I would be glad to provide you with that. Besides, yo hablo Espanol tambien!

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Dear Wowow or is it Heseb yth.(?),

You can start when you come to INDOnesia, to buy you yourself, a good dictionary .....
Most of the higher educated INDOnesians use the Purwodarminta dictionary of INDOnesian - English - INDOnesian, with a certificate.

Greets .... and lot of succes hablar INDOnesian .... Anis.

wowow22
User
spacer line

Dear Johny 251976 : Thank you very much for your offer. I'll be e-mailing you shortly; I've just been so busy that didn't have time to get in touch. Please excuse me for my delay. See you soon! Emoticon: Smile

Dear Mermaid : Terima kasih! I can see you're proud of your language (Bahasa Indonesia) as people say Indonesians are. Good for you! It's a fascinating language. I'll be in touch soon. Emoticon: Smile

Dear Anis J : How do you know my other e-mail address (I mean hesebRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com). That's fantastic! Anyhow, besides a detective, I see you understand about Bahasa Indonesia. Yes, you have many Spanish and Portuguese words in your language (sepatu, bendera, minggu (=domingo=Sunday), and so many other), but what I found fascinating is that the word Tuhan (God), in my country's native (Indian, prehispanic) language is Tupã. It's fascinating to know such similarity, and there's no way to explain it as of yet. Anyhow, I'll be looking for the Purwodarminta dictionary. Hope to hear from you soon! Emoticon: Smile

Dear hobo1 : Great hint! I'll start researching about some place that teaches Indonesian in a very professional way. I'm planning to travel to Indonesia some time in the near future, for at least two months, and am going to do exactly as you say. Great idea! On the other hand, talking about weird words not found in dictionaries. I've found the same problem trying to translate some Indo songs (Wow, what a hard task!). Well, I'll keep trying. Thank you for your response, hobo1. See you around (By the way, where in Indonesia do you live? --- Just plain curiosity). Emoticon: Smile

Dear sidik : So, let's speak some Spanish, then. Dime, dónde aprendiste español? Me parece increíble que un indonesio pueda hablar mi idioma! Me gustaria saberlo... Gracias por ofrecerte a ayudarme a hablar indonesio. No me lo creerás, pero me gustaria muchísimo hablarlo. Cuando tenga dudas sobre tu país y sobre tu idioma, te la pediré. Ojalá me pudieras enviar tu dirección de e-mail (e-mail address). Gracias, amigo indonesio! Emoticon: Smile

TERIMA KASIH TO ALL OF YOU! Emoticon: Bye bye

wowow22
User
spacer line

Hey, Anis J., Saya tidak seorang perempuan, Saya seorang laki-laki.

I just forgot to tell you. See you! Emoticon: Smile

spacer line  

Dear Wowow,

Jika kamu mengklik nama orang di forum ini, maka akan muncul jendela (window) yang menguraikan biodata singkat mereka. Saya rasa Anis mendapatkan alamat Yahoo-mu dari sana.
Saya akan menantikan emailmu.

Regards

WJ

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Hola Wowow,

Tengo una esposa de Medellin, por eso. Ademas, yo vivo en Holanda pero soy Indonesio de nacimiento. De todas maneras podria ayudarte porque cada ano me quedo como 6 meses en Indonesia.

Saludos!

spacer line  

dear Sidik (and Wowow),

Care to teach me Spanish? Emoticon: Smile

Regards

WJ

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Johny,

I'm not qualified Emoticon: Confused But if you're serious, I'm sure there are possibilities in Jakarta. ( If you live in Jakarta)

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

W/W-22 yth.,

Yeah, I know ...... but a good excuse: "I have got to know your level of INDOnesian !!!"
Anyway ... I want to react on your reply, what you have said about the similarity of Tuhan .
On ,I think the Sumatera island, there is a temple that looks very much alike the Maya (Or Incan, I am always mixed up) temples in South-Amerika, I saw this in a tv-documentary about Sumatera.
Is this a proof what Thor Heyerdahl showed us already ???
Probably other forummembers can help me out ???

Sampai ketemu lagi, dengan banyak beruntung ajar INDOnesian.

Greets .... Anis.

spacer line  

dear Sidik,

I do live in Jakarta. Well I am commuting to work now, but in the future, I will be 'in de kos'. And what possibilities are they?

WJ

Dear Anis,

And Anis, Gee, you know very much about many things - you might have read 10 times more books than what I have read all my life until now. Have you ever read about ancient Summerian Mythe? Or Maria Magdalene Bible? I haven't.

WJ

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,159,881 topic views - 234,316 posts - 13,692 topics - 25,213 members - last post @ 19-10-2019 08:24 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,610,785 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com