indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

John&Wil
User
spacer line

I will go with my wife for the first time to Indonesia. We arrive 3 August in jakarta and want to stay there for 2 or 3 nights before going on to yogyakarta. Can somebody tell me what the best daytours are in Jakarta and where to book at what price?

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

Day1
Mall Taman Angrek
Mall Pasaraya
Mall BlokM plaza

Day2
ITC Fatmawati
ITC Manga Dua
ITC Roxy

Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Wink Emoticon: Smile

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

John&Wil
User
spacer line

Thanks very much for your help!!
Emoticon: Smile
Do you think that I should visit those places by my own, eg bus etc. Or is it more wise to join an organised daytrip that I could book in jakarta?

thanks again, John.

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

haha very funny Richy Emoticon: Yes!
I've been very often to jakarta and you're right; the malls I visit frequently
but to suggest it on a 1st trip to jakarta haha? well at least one of the malls, that's ok; to see a bit of contrast I would suggest anggrek and then mangga dua.
but for another view of jakarta;
kota area, sunda kelapa, monas, ps baru, fatahillah, ancol, taman mini,national museum and so on.
To see some more contrasts visit kota and kemang, menteng and blokm and cilandak.
Well there’s so much to see in 2,3 days
Good luck and enjoy your days in megapolitan JKT

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

On 01-06-2005 19:28 John&Wil wrote:
Thanks very much for your help!! [IMG] Emoticon: Smile
Do you think that I should visit those places by my own, eg bus etc. Or is it more wise to join an organised daytrip that I could book in jakarta?

thanks again, John.

it's possible to visit them by yourself but for a 1st time visit you'll notice it ain't so easy, with an organised tour it's probably a better option, especially because you only have 2 or 3 days, otherwise you spend a lot of time finding out how to get there. trips out of jkt can be made to bogor,puncak for example

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Richy,

I don't think it is funny to send people only visiting the shopping areas. There are other thing to do in Jakarta.

John & Will, if you stay in a rather good hotel, they can give you tips concerning sightseeings. I would recommend Pasar Ikan, Ancol, Taman Mini, Ragunan Zoo or Pulau Seribu. If you prefer shopping malls, just do what Richy suggested. Even though I would prefer Plaza Indonesia or Plaza Senayan.

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

gerry
User
spacer line

John & Will, I can arrange your travelling while in Jakarta. I know many interest places in this city. from your arrival till next departure.

John&Wil
User
spacer line

Thanks Sayang, Sidik and Gerry for giving this better advice. We are going to Indonesia to see the country and the people and we've seen shopping malls enough around the world.

gerry how can I get in touch with you for your proposal?

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

sama2
have a nice trip and enjoy indonesia!
if it's too hot you have to go to a mall hehe
ac ac

gerry
User
spacer line

you can contac me at my e-mail : gsutiknoRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com for further info.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 06-06-2005 04:54 gerry wrote:
you can contac me at my e-mail : gsutiknoRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com for further info.

Why not tell about what you do on the forum, so other people can read it as well?

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

On 02-06-2005 21:30 sidik wrote:
Richy,

I dont think it is funny to send people only visiting the shopping areas. There are other thing to do in Jakarta.

John & Will, if you stay in a rather good hotel, they can give you tips concerning sightseeings. I would recommend Pasar Ikan, Ancol, Taman Mini, Ragunan Zoo or Pulau Seribu. If you prefer shopping malls, just do what Richy suggested. Even though I would prefer Plaza Indonesia or Plaza Senayan.

Just don't take all I say serious. Personally I avoid to visit malls during my staying in Jakarta. If you have seen one… you have seen all. The ITC’s are nice to buy some last presents for your family. Also nice to visit is the market between Pasaraya mall and BlokM plaza. Furthermore I would also recommend to visit Rangunan Zoo, Ancol, Monas and Taman Mini Indonesia if you visit Jakarta for a few days.

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

gerry
User
spacer line

jeroen,

Just to avoid promotion think.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 07-06-2005 08:14 gerry wrote:
jeroen,

Just to avoid promotion think.

I can tell about things without mentioning a link, but if you have the need to post your link, why not do it? We even have a special subforum as well.

spacer line  

Hi!

I've just been to jakarta and it's a very nice city , with a very good transport system, unlike some people might say!

First from the airport, take the damri shuttle bus to gambir train station, then jump on a motorcycle, or in a bajaj for jalan-jaksa for the hotel.

There is really a lot to see!! I was there in total 3 days and I even missed alot! One week is better for jakarta! I liked the old kota, with the dutch drawing bridge and buildings, with some very nice musea!! firther more, the monas and the park is very nice.

You should also visit glodok (i didnt have the chance even! :( ) , blok-m mall ofcourse for shopping (you can buy very cheap clothes) I liked the zoo in jakarta south as well Emoticon: Yes! And many more nice places, inclusing a nice nightlife!

The transport in jakarta is quite good. Although the traffic is quite bad! From north to south there is the transjakarta busline, which is very, good and you dont have trafficjams. The taxi;s are also quite good, but beware of trafficjams! I dont like the bajaj, because they are very limited in jakarta. The motorcycle is very handy in jakarta, Just wave your hand and they all stop, batrgain a good price and you can go anywhere passing the traffic jams!

Jakarta is probably one of the safest metropoles in the world, so being a little cautious is good, but absolutely no need to worry !

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,027,794 topic views - 235,014 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,729 members - last post @ 18-11-2019 23:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,849,427 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com