indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

In June I'm coming to Jakarta for a long period. I'm looking for kos to live in.

My preferences are:
max. rent: 900.000 Rph per month
close to JL. Barito II - Jkt Selatan
laundry service for my clothes (with washing machine I can wash by myself or pembantu who washes and irons my clothes for me)
maybe AC in my bedroom (??)
kitchen with fridge
clean bathroom with shower, wastafel and toilet
furnitured bedroom (bed/desk/shelves to store my clothes and books)

If anyone knows something good, please let me know by email: filipo1976Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com

Terima kasih!!

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Philip,

Do you know how many euro's that is? Less than 80 euro's! Indonesia can be cheap, but wanting all those and in the neighbourhood you mentioned, I think it is impossible to find such!

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

spacer line  

Dear Sidik,

apperently miracles exist. Indonesia is cheap indeed. I managed to find kos near Jl. Panglima Polim Raya for 850.000 Rph a month everything included. It has a pembantu, who washes a maximum of 4 pieces of clothes every day, a fridge, full AC, etc. The only things that are missing are shelves, a desk and a wastafel. But thats ok. I'll go to carrefour or manga2 to look for it. For the wastafel I use the kitchen or shower (washing hands/brushing teeth). The kos is in a new building, with about 40 other "anak2 kos". My room aint big but that's not a problem because Jakarta is full of activities so it would be a waste to spent my time in my room. I must say I had very good help from my friends who helped me and bargained the price. But as they say in Dutch language: Zonder geluk vaart niemand wel.

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Philip,

Congratulations Emoticon: Shiny Can you give more information about the location? I'm also interested, because I will come to Jakarta in september for about 10 months and have not found such a cheap kos yet.

spacer line  

I heard there is 1 room free on the 2nd floor but that one is 1 million Rph. You will have to go to the 4th floor for the kitchen. There are some limitations: you are not allowed to let people in your room for the night (so no messing with girls in your room). Furthermore: if you use electronic devices such as radio/TV/computer they charge you 100.000 Rph extra per month. Every extra piece of clothes per day will be charged with 5000 Rph. There is a curfew: 12.00 PM. But if you tell the caretaker you will get home later its ok.

I thought you were already in Indonesia? Based on your earlier message:

"Do you know how many euro's that is? Less than 80 euro's! Indonesia can be cheap, but wanting all those and in the neighbourhood you mentioned, I think it is impossible to find such!".

The actual street name is Jembatan utara. Do you know where this is? You will probably have to pay the caretaker (pak Awi) a commission of 50.000 Rph.

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Philip,

I know where Jembatan Utara is. It is near Gran Wijaya where I like to have Chinese nasi campur also near to the TeeBox, a good place to hang out.
I'm not in Indonesia now. I always go there in september and stay for six months (overwinteren). Next journey I will stay for 10 months.
I don't think we will be neighbours. I pay much more where I always stay, but everything is included over there. Maybe we can meet when I'm in Jakarta some time?
Thanks for the info anyway!

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,847,173 topic views - 234,927 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,658 members - last post @ 14-11-2019 16:10 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,670,063 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com