indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Algemene Indonesiëpraat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (4 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Een stukje copy/paste van het er aan toegaat na aankomst in Jakarta gedurende COVID. Interesting read.

Hey guys!
Just landed in Jakarta yesterday and thought I could update the group on my experience as it might help some other people out!
So I was flying from Montreal to Jakarta with Air Canada and Qatar Airways, the whole flight experience was amazing. The documentations you’ll be asked for by the airlines are your visa wether it’s a KITAS or a B211 visa, your eHAC QR code, your negative PCR Test. I personally had a PCR test result in french so asked the doctor for a letter correlating the results in English which made everything seamless and easy with everyone.
When you check-in at your flights, they will ask the results from your PCR test, your visa and your eHAC QR Code. The eHAC app always was crashing on my iPhone X when trying to submit a new international HAC so asked someone of my family to fill it on their phone and that way I could access the QR Code on my own iPhone. I’ve seen other people having issues on iOS with the app crashing when submitting the HAC so make sure you do it in advance so you can figure something out if it doesn’t work. Also note that if you’re entering Indonesia on a B211 visa, for your final flight to Indonesia, they most likely will confirm your flight out. Multiple people ran into issues with this at the check in since their agents told them they won’t need one but they did. Make sure to take care of that before hand, it really puts a lot of pressure on the check-in staff and make people wait way longer than they already are.
Once you land in Jakarta, you need to go through multiple checkpoints which are pretty straight forward and simple. Surprisignly enough, it’s very well organized and you go through pretty quickly. The first one is for you to fill out a paper form for health inspection that is linked to your eHAC QR Code. After that is the PCR Test inspection and authorization in 2 steps. You then move to the passport stamping stage to then go pick up your checked-in baggages. Once your stuff is picked up, you’ll be moving up to the customs declaration where they check your stuff. If you are bringing a lot of stuff with you, they are going to check with you what is in there, why you are bringing that much stuff and so on. If you’re on a new KITAS, you’ll be good to go, if you’re on a B211 visa like I am, you’ll need to explain exactly why you’re bringing that much stuff. I had to bring my computer, my monitor and the whole setup and after explaining the guy I’m waiting for my KITAS and that the B211 visa was the fastest way to let me in to attend my meetings, he completely understood and happily let me go. Pretty friendly and straight forward once again.
Once out of the customs, you’ll be picked up by police to bring you outdoor where they will transport you to your quarantine hotel facilities. They will seize your passport and will give it back to you with your quarantine release letter. If you’re on a diplomatic passport, I’ve heard that it’s possible for you to keep it with you but that needs to be pre-approved and that your embassy needs to look into it before your arrival, otherwise, they will seize it no matter what. Some people might think it’s drastic, but honestly, it’s an easy way for them to ensure people don’t skip the quarantine like it happened in the past.
I’m quarantining at HARRIS Puri Mansion and so far so good. The staff is nice and helpful, the room is clean, I have access to my own small balcony, WiFi is decent. I was told my first PCR test would be done on day 2, but it was made straight on arrival which is totally fine and logic.

matur suksama

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Wow, paspoorten innemen.. dat is erg drastisch, maar ja, wel effectief. En... je hebt hem toch niet nodig tijdens je quarantaine.. haha..

Ho Lee Fuk

nsenada
User
User icon of nsenada
spacer line

Het ging voor mij op de luchthaven van Jakarta, ongeveer hetzelfde. Voor Indonesische normen, ging alles redelijk georganiseerd en vlot. Ik ging als laatste door de douane en vertelde de man dat ik voor 2000$ muziekinstrumenten bij had. Hij rekende dat snel uit op zijn gsm en ik hoefde daar geen tax op te betalen. (Eventjes een klein leugentje en met veel geluk, al mijn rotzooi in Batam gekregen, zonder tax)
Tijdens het wachten op mijn vervoer, naar het hotel mocht ik mijn paspoort houden. Wie wou gaan roken, iets verderop, moest het even afgeven. In het hotel wel je paspoort afgeven, voor de duur van de quarantine.

There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over!

jstar
User
spacer line

Er zijn wat hotels -vrijwillig of verplicht- van de lijst gehaald omdat ze mensen naar het zwembad e.d. lieten gaan. De lijsten die in omloop zijn kunnen dus al weer verouderd zijn.

Wat redelijk belangrijk is als je iets specifieks wilt, is dat je vooraf je hotel regelt / boekt. En niet via een travel website maar direct met het hotel onder vermelding en confirmatie van quarantaine package. Anders krijg je gewoon iets toegewezen wat je misschien niet wilt.

Je kan zien dat de persoon blijkbaar op een business visa binnenkwam. Natuurlijk is dat voor de meesten hier geen optie. Het is niet raar dat ie nog geen KITAS had want ze geven prioriteit aan de zgn. on-shore; mensen die al in het land verblijven.

nsenada
User
User icon of nsenada
spacer line

Het was een buitenzwembad en mocht dus niet gebruikt worden om te zwemmen, maar was dus de rokersruimte in open lucht. Er waren geen rokers-kamers... wat ik een zeer goed idee vond.

There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over!

jstar
User
spacer line

Leuke rookpauzes. En peuken in het water...

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

94,636,337 topic views - 242,018 posts - 13,760 topics - 35,453 members - last post @ 16-10-2021 18:44 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

154,285,773 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com