indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

The main news page has been changed two days ago, it was also time to add some features to it as well. Outside of an improved layout, an RSS feed was also introduced. It can be found on news.indahnesia.com/latest_indonesia_news.xml. Simply copy and paste the URL into your newsfeed reader and you will be updated within minutes when a news item has been published.

Since indahnesia.com has a history of news dating back over three years, it's also possible to see what the headlines were one, two or even three years ago. If there were headlines that day in history, they will be displayed. On days that there are no headlines in history, the block doesn't appear, so it won't be confusing.

Please give some feedback on the new pages at http://news.indahnesia.com

Emoticon: Confused What is RSS? Emoticon: Confused
RSS is a format for syndicating news and the content of news-like sites, including major news sites like Wired, news-oriented community sites like Slashdot, and personal weblogs. But it's not just for news. Pretty much anything that can be broken down into discrete items can be syndicated via RSS: the "recent changes" page of a wiki, a changelog of CVS checkins, even the revision history of a book. Once information about each item is in RSS format, an RSS-aware program can check the feed for changes and react to the changes in an appropriate way.

RSS-aware programs called news aggregators are popular in the weblogging community. Many weblogs make content available in RSS. A news aggregator can help you keep up with all your favorite weblogs by checking their RSS feeds and displaying new items from each of them.

More information:
What is RSS?

Emoticon: Confused Where can I get a RSS reader? Emoticon: Confused
There are some websites which list numerous RSS/newsfeed readers. You can pick the one of your choice and install it. After installing there will probably some pre-installed websites. You can simply add the indahnesia.com website, so the news headlines will be downloaded when you are running the program and you are online.
http://blogspace.com/rss/readers

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Pretty cool Yerun!

Begin de details te vergeten

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 03-05-2005 20:53 JohanN wrote:
Pretty cool Yerun!

When successfull, the forum will follow as well. But.... when I have time!

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

spare time rules

Begin de details te vergeten

klarina
User
User icon of klarina
spacer line

Jeroen,
Is it possible to write this text in dutch also? maybe then even I will understand how to handle...
Emoticon: Blush

thanks,
Klarina

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Klarina,

The news in the RSS feeder is in English as well, so I don't know if you can use it any way. Let me know, okay?

Yerun

klarina
User
User icon of klarina
spacer line

jeroen, toch maar even in het nederlands nu:
mijn engels is goed hoor, maar als ik woorden als: newsfeed reader en URL zie, dan weet ik niet wat je bedoeld eigenlijk. dus mijn probleem zit m meer in de 'technische kant' van de zaak. snap je.
als ik op 'news.indahnesia.com/latest_indonesia_news.xml.' klik zie ik een hele lijst verschijnen, maar ik weet niet wat ik daarmee moet.

aangezien ik het leuk vind om de news items te lezen zou ik je willen vragen om t voor mij wat extra te verduidelijken.
dank je alvast
klarina

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

On 04-05-2005 09:49 klarina wrote:

mijn engels is goed hoor, maar als ik woorden als: newsfeed reader en URL zie, dan weet ik niet wat je bedoeld eigenlijk. dus mijn probleem zit m meer in de technische kant van de zaak. snap je.

klarina

Sama sama untuk saya.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I will take care of extra information this week(end). Emoticon: Smile And I will open a Dutch topic as well.

Yerun

klarina
User
User icon of klarina
spacer line

oke, dangdude: in a few days, we will also be able to read the news items...!
thanks jeroen.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I have added some more information. I will also make it available in Dutch as soon as possible.

Fairy
User
User icon of Fairy
spacer line

Hey Jeroen, what did you use to generate your new RSS? I noticed it's different from the feed that you personally made for me some time back. Emoticon: Smile It's more to RSS standards recognized by most RSS readers.

www.MyIndo.com: A Malaysian's Outlook on Indonesian Pop Culture! :)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 11-05-2005 08:02 Fairy wrote:
Hey Jeroen, what did you use to generate your new RSS? I noticed its different from the feed that you personally made for me some time back. Emoticon: Smile Its more to RSS standards recognized by most RSS readers.

Yeah, it now works with readers as well Emoticon: Clown I copy-catted it from other feeds and compiled my own, it is still generated with PHP though.

crandall
User
spacer line

It would be great to have an RSS feed of "Indonesia in Pictures" - a thumbnail image that links to the full size image. Just a sugestion! Emoticon: Smile

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,914,656 topic views - 240,527 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,037 members - last post @ 03-12-2020 10:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,669,125 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com