indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Jakarta is the diritiest city in the world

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

So, what do you want to discuss about? Or is it merely a declaration?

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

O.k. Jakarta is not a clean city. Most big city’s are'nt in Indonesia. Maybe Yogya and Malang are exceptions because they started a “keep your city clean”approach. But compare to other big city’s in Asia (beside Singapore) Jakarta is very normal.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Dangdude,

There are now more cities which promote their 'green-ness' like Probolinggo. I hope it will also work of course.

Yerun

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Strongpower,

In which parts of Jakarta and in which countries in the world have you ever been? Emoticon: Nooo

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I don't think so either. Some major cities in the Netherlands are far worser then Jakarta. Pollution is another thing. It is known that Jakarta is one of the most polluted aereas in the word.

putri
User
spacer line

Strong_power,
What are your trying to say ? I think you are really depressed with Indonesian or it;s conditions. Well, Jakarta is absolutely not yet in the lowest chart , have you ever been in MUMBAI, then you can start thingking about word "dirty".

spacer line  

I think strong power has bad memories indeed about Jakarta. Actually he is saying nothing new.
Yes he is right, Jakarta is dirty city. in fact, the 3rd city in line of smog, after Mexico City(1) and Bangkok(2).

But who cares. I like Jakarta and I will go back, because my girlfriend lives still there.

orochi
User
spacer line

I love the smell of fresh smog in the morning......

buleman
User
spacer line

The Jakarta nighclubs make the ones in Bangkok or London seem like Mormon Prayer meetings.

Please keep the details secret. We don't need this place overun with farhang/bules.

mawar
User
User icon of mawar
spacer line

When I arrive in Jakarta, outside the airport, and I smeel the smell of kretek, cas gasses,and just the smell of the air of indonesia, it's really coming home, it's just good! You love the city, you love the country or you don't.
me and my family just love it.
Mawar

sahabat
User
spacer line

Mawar,Apah kabar?
pokonya kamu yg paling benar di dunia (you are damned right)
but if you don't mind ,I have that feeling if I arrive in Yogya,the best place on earth Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Bye bye

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Str. P.w.r yth,

What is your point actually ? Any big city is in some or the other way 'dirty', but you do not have to be disappointed Jakarta is not INDOnesia !!!
By the way this is not an original statement , of somebody who named himself
'strong power' and your emailname too; next time colour of the sea of 'Do INDOnesians realy have 'dark' hair, or another cliché ???
I have another one for you: 'Do you know what a forum mean ???'.

I hope I do not offend you ??? But .... try something diffent, please !!!

Greets ... Anis.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

sahabat
User
spacer line

Dear Anis,
I feel that some of you who visit this forum are from Indon.or at least speak Bahasa.But to respek the rules I talk englis ya?
So I only want to say that I fully agree with your reaction to mssge of 'strong power' about jakarta
There are indeed many big cities in the world,also in the so called civilised world Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Confused ,which are even more dirty .Such remarks about Indonesia ennoy me also and give me feelings of confusion.Internet forums with subject Indonesia confirm my impression of the way people think about Indonesia
.It is corrupt.be carefull for this and that and so on..It is obvious that most of the people coming from a different culture,even if they live in our country, will never be an indonesian,(except (most) of the foreigners who live with an Indonesian woman who respect each other).
Ok Anis,
baik baik ya

spacer line  

Jakarta is indeed one of the most dirtiest city in the world, after Mexico City.. But is it for every individual not his own choice to live or not to live in a city like Jakarta?
And i believe that the Jakarta administration got a lot of other problems to deal with first, before they fully focus themself on this issue. But that doesn't mean that they don't do anything. Actually they are doing a lot to boost up the image of Indonesia in the International community, including environmental issues.
So in conclusion, the Jakarta administration and the Indonesian government are fully aware of the situation, but they have other priorities such as fighting corruption instead of fully focus themself on environmental issues..

eenheid in verscheidenheid

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Sahabat yth.,

You know what I actually want to say that his topic and probably most of it are what they are mostly cliché's really just look at search at least one can try to be somewhat original !!!
Everybody know that Jakarta is dirty, but for Dutch people Amsterdam is dirty
too: look at those dog shits and so on ....

But .... are you going to INDOnesia to see dirty Jakarta only and annoy yourself about it ??? It is a waste of energy !!!
You know that you have got to make a difference between the people of Jakarta
and the authorities that rules the city.
If you compare this big city with my provincial Ibu Kota Ambon they do not have a lot of money avaliable, but they already are experementing with what Dutch local authories call 'bestemmingsplannen' !!! Although it was basic it was a start !!!! .....
Unfortunedly this is before the religious war of Christians against Islamists.
A Moluccan gouvernor named Wattimena had ordered a lot of things to improve Ambon city life, 'bestemmingsplannen' is one of them, planting trees along Ambon main roads is another, so there are different others things too ...
But .... they managed to park this reformative officer to another part of the country because he is to successfull !!!

Greets .... Anis.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

spacer line  

not true, I thought the streets of Jakarta are quite clean compared to a lot of other metropoles I visited. The air pollution is quite bad in some places though and they should for starters forbid bajaj's and let cars pay toll in the centre of the city (like in London) And make a system to control the number of cars. AND THEY SHOULDPLANT REAL TREES INSTEAD OF PLASTIC ONES!!!! Emoticon: Stupid Emoticon: Stupid Emoticon: Stupid

A good subway, or the skytrain what they are already talking about so long!! In Jakarta the situation is better then in Bandung by the way.

spacer line  

Jakarta is quite clean visually compared to other Asian countries or other developing countries. But being abig city there is no doubt about the air pollution.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Today on www.TheJakartapost.com
Jakarta: It's chaotic, crowded and polluted

Kurniawan Hari and Anissa S. Febrina, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

In celebration of Jakarta's 478th anniversary, this Sunday's edition features a cover story detailing the traffic problems and the lack of green areas in the city. Indeed, there are a multitude of problems confronting the city, but several of the expatriates we spoke to believe solutions to these two problems would greatly enhance the quality of life here.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

spacer line  

Dear All

I think there are many things to do to make Jakarta clean. One of them can be done easily. Try to dump rubbish and else in a garbage can when we are on the street (or should I say anywhere we go) - although hard to do, but if all of us do it, I believe Jakarta can be a lot cleaner.

WJ

P.S I wish there were more trees in Jakarta Emoticon: Puh!

the_gee
User
User icon of the_gee
spacer line

I once read that the only differerence between a toilet and Bangkok is that you can flush a toilet. Now, so far I have not heard this expression being used for Jakarta Emoticon: Wink

harto
User
spacer line

Hi
if you have ever travelled by public transfers, you should have noticed, that parents and elder brothers/sisters show the smallest simply to dump anything you don't need, to throw it on the floor (bus/train,shop or street).

As children is not taught this at school, how you can expect them to be clean when grown-up ?

As government not really is interested in city-cleaning-sevices (garbage / streetcleaning) in most parts of the cities ( yes in Kuningan or Pondok Indah),
nor built an infrastructure for collecting garbage-cans in the shopping-centers or streets, this problem will stay.

As soon as schools start discussing this, quickly the new generation will practise

harto

mawar
User
User icon of mawar
spacer line

Johnny,for more trees to look at in jakarta go to the menteng area!
I used to live there, it's just wonderful

mawar
User
User icon of mawar
spacer line

It's just the way you want to see something.
If you want to see all the dirt(?) etc okay that's the way you look at it. But I think Jakarta is okay. everything makes it up to be Jakarta. You love the city or you don't- that's it. If you just want to go on grumbling about he city the people, there will be no end to it/
Look at the positive side of everything!
Sorry, but Jakarta is my city and I love it. So be it.
If you don't like it there just leave- there are other places to go where you will find it better and better.
even so - welcome to Jakarta

harto
User
spacer line

dear Mawar,

why you get so angry discuss the truth ?
be honest, open your eyes and think at least positive what a foreigner could mean with this critics.
if you really are so modern and such a wide-travelled person, you should agree with the critics, but also immedeately think how to heal this problem.
only by doing this and how to change things positive, you're a good modern indonesian citizan with an eye for the positive development future of indonesia.
hiding the head in the sand and getting angry for positive meant comments, is already done for 38 years by government and the good-believing people of indonesia.
teach your children how to behave and not to dump eveywhere paper and sampah, then you are the right exampel and deserve a medal.
harto

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,022,120 topic views - 234,203 posts - 13,691 topics - 25,110 members - last post @ 14-10-2019 19:47 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,459,472 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com