indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Hello forum members,

this may be an unusual request and maybe hopeless, but it could be worth a try:

On a recent visit to Sulawesi, we went on a rain forest trek with a guide from Tentena. He was very interested in getting some high-quality photos of the trip I took with my camera and gave me this email address:

Can anybody here decipher the address -- maybe because of knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia or names in Indonesia?

I am quite sure it reads: syamsudin. hardtoreadpart at yahoo.com . But what is the hard to read part?

The first part, syamsudin , gives quite a few google results and seems almost certainly correct to me (there even is an airport with that name).

But the second part after the dot? x?ananta or y?ananta ? The second letter could be a small n maybe. I tried putting that word into translator software and no similar words were suggested. Maybe it's not a word but a name? Is there a typical Indonesian name similar to the word?

I already tried sending email to addresses where I put xananta , yananta , xnananta , ynananta as the hard to read part, all 4 addresses did not exist.

I hope somebody can help so Nyong can get his photos. Thanks in advance for your time.

erwin
User
User icon of erwin
spacer line

I think it is mananta.

Het is beter spijt te hebben van iets dat je gedaan hebt, dan spijt te hebben om iets dat je niet gedaan hebt

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

Think so too. Mananta is a frequent name in Indonesia.

Info about Flores? FLORES SURGA KITA - http://www.travel2flores.info

spacer line  

Thanks a alot, erwin and Anne Mieke. Mananta seems a great suggestion.

Also makes sense when looking at the photo and comparing the questionable part with the "m" in syamsudin . He hasn't replied yet, but the email was not bounced, so chances are high that it's correct.

cabanahome
User
spacer line

nice posting

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

45,607,891 topic views - 220,023 posts - 13,392 topics - 15,531 members - last post @ 27-03-2017 13:31 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

83,708,655 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com