indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

shakira
User
spacer line

Hello

Has anyone here ever been to the Hotel Margot on Jalan Jaksa in Jakarta? We have to spend one night in Jakarta on our way to Kalimantan and are looking for a cheap guesthouse in the centre. Margot comes highly recommended by Lonely Planet, but I'm looking for people who have accually been there...

Shakira

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

I have been there a couple of times. I paid 140K per night, simple breakfast included. Breakfast: toast or nasi goreng with coffee or tea. Jl Jaksa is a nice street with enough eateries and bars. Also near to McD, HRC, Pizza Hut, Starbuck's etc, Sarinah dept. stores, Plaza Indonesia.

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

spacer line  

margot is quite expensive, hostel bloem-steen is 50 meter further and costs only 35.000 a night! (without breakfast which costs approx 10.000 in most places)

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

On 10-06-2005 22:32 bloodhoundfromhell wrote:
, hostel bloem-steen is 50 meter further

I have been in both places. Bloemsteen is a like a prison. Just a cell with lots of mosquito's. A nice place for suicide, but for a guy from hell maybe the right place. Margot is ten times better, but I will go for Gondia (wisma internasional) next time.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Jl. Jaksa has become a terrible street, full of overacting "pelacur kampung" and "banci". 10 years ago you rarely saw an Indonesian there now they have taken over the place. But it is central and everything is there, also still some interesting people to meet there. I always stayed at Tator a secure and nice place (no indo-girls allowed, if you haven't checked in together). 90.000 Rp with AC and breakfast toast or nasgor (Only one breakfast per person is written in the rules Emoticon: Nice )

Regards

sahabat
User
spacer line

Dear readers,
Though we come to belanda nearly every year,we don't have much experience,maybe because we don't like flying.
Sometimes ya we arrive at Jkrta and stay in Ciputra hotel to recover after
long flight.This hotel is ok.Well done those pictures of richy/ londoh.
Our wish is to travel by boat,but i think it will stay a wish.
By the way,would it be possible to go by boat? Emoticon: Nice
sahabat

Elora
User
spacer line

I think Margot Hotel little bit expensive now. my friend just told me ,that price around Rp.200.000,-($22/night ). better you take others hotel. coz i know margot that not realy nice room & Breakfast also not nice.
groetjes

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Jakarta Post June 18, 2005

Fire in Jl. Jaksa guts several lodging houses

JAKARTA (Antara): A number of lodging places popular with foreign backpackers were gutted on Saturday by a fire which occurred about 100 meters from the popular Jl. Jaksa nightlife center in Kebon Sirih, Central Jakarta.

A group of foreigners were seen running and fleeing for safety. The fire, believed to have been sparked by an exploding stove from one of the residents homes in the densely populated area, gutted dozens of houses made mostly of wood and also destroyed a mosque. At least 50 families were forced to evacuate due to the fire which started at 11:45 a.m.

Local residents immediately took their valuables out of their houses, while others helped extinguish the fire. An employee of nearby Sarinah building, identified as Abidin, said he was unable to salvage all his valuable belongings. "I still left my motorcycle documents behind," said Abidin, who fled in a hurry and in panic.

Dozens of fire engines were deployed to the site by the Central Jakarta fire station but could not easily reach the location due to poor access.
Firefighters managed to bring the fire under control within an hour. (* Emoticon: Shiny

frubarth
User
spacer line

Is Tator hotel locate in jalan Jaksa? I was born and grow up in Jakarta but not really familiar with jalan Jaksa, me and my husband are planning to visit some relative in Jakarta and need to find a cheep hotel but still nice.
Thank you for info

emield
User
spacer line

I'm rightnow in Kuala Lumpur, and 2 days ago I was still in Hotel le Margot in Jakarta.
The price is Rp 150.000 per room incl BF, but I agree, the breakfast is NOT great.
But the room is very nice, a little bit cramped, but really good.

This hotel is the best on Jaksa, I think.
Even better then Karya, with the "nice" Dangdut bar.....

Tator is like staying in your parents house, no visits allowed.... And still Rp 90.000 per room, with a small light & dirty bathroom....

emield

Jellee
User
spacer line

About 5 years ago i stayed at Bloemsteen hostel. Very basic but also very cheap. Cant remember any mosquito's but you ll only be there to sleep for about 1 or 2 nights right.

BTW we will arrive in Jakarta on November 15th. I'm thinking about going to jl jaksa again but want a more decent room this time as i m not travelling alone this time. Any suggestions?

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

If my boss don't pay my bill, I always stay in Margot. Rp. 150.000 with brkfst. Small but sufficient for a few nights. With AC, hot water, television. Nice employees. (When you stay in Karya you get the cockroaches for free.) My choice is made.

frubarth
User
spacer line

Hej Yogya-Bali

Is ithat any problem to leave your tings (like video camera, etc) in hotel room while you are out? I have friend who had bad experience, they stayed in one of hotel in Jaksa (did not remember the name of hotel) and they lost their camera while they were out. Hotel staff did not take it as their responsibility.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

frubarth,

Dont go to jalan jaksa.
Daerah remang remang.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

frubarth
User
spacer line

Emoticon: Shiny

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

Hi Fruitbat

I agree with Sidia, jalan jaksa is a very dangerous area.
Jan.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

In Margot the have been stolen only a shirt from me. In Bumi Johar $200, in Paragon, Cipta hotel, Cemara, hotel Indra International (all Jl. Wahid Hasyim and surroundings), Maharadja (Jl. Tendean), Maharani (Warung Buncit), the guesthouse from PGI (prot.church), Marco Polo I have had all kinds of troubles.
Ofcourse you always have to lock your door, but then even.......
Yeah, if you're looking for cheap hotels then you get these problems (above mentioned hotels are all under Rp. 300.000 a night).
If there's a safe, put your stuff in there

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Dangdut and Sidia I do not agree with you. I often stay till after midnight in jalan Jaksa area and nothing happened. I think if your body language shows that you expect to be in trouble, you will get into trouble. Jalan Jaksa is not VERY dangerous. It is as risky as several other places in Jakarta after midnight.

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

well I just arrived in jakarta last week and stayed in jalan jaksa for a couple of nights, sure looks safe enough to me
I had a serious case of jetlag and was up most of the night time
it was the usual mix of expats, backpackers, hookers and bargirls, quite an interesting scene, just a pity the ramadan was starting so some of the bars were locked up
most importantly, it's centrally located, close to the railwaystation and airport bus

spacer line  

On 06-10-2005 16:00 frubarth wrote:
Hej Yogya-Bali

Is ithat any problem to leave your tings (like video camera, etc) in hotel room while you are out? I have friend who had bad experience, they stayed in one of hotel in Jaksa (did not remember the name of hotel) and they lost their camera while they were out. Hotel staff did not take it as their responsibility.

even in the sheraton and expensive hotels your things ca get stolen, the chance is even bigger, because your room gets cleaned there every day...

if you do leave valuables in the room, make sure you hide it very well, or put it in the bottom of a padlocked big bag. hotel staff will not take the risk nicking your complete bag, or spending 20 minutes forcing your padlock and searching through your dirty laundry.

Vagabond
User
spacer line

I can confirm what emield said about the price for Margot it is 150,000 IR. I stayed there in July 05 and i would recommend it. The room is cleaned everyday, the staff are great, it has AC, Hot water, TV, but the breky isnt that crash hot but the hotel is still worth the money. There is plenty of places in the street to get a decent feed, Ya Udah is one or just eat where heaps of locals are eating (like on Jl Haji Agus Salim (Jl Sabang) around the corner from Jaksa) its bound to be good. Jl Jaksa is safe and the people are friendly, just use ur common sense and of course there is going to be Indonesians everywhere its Indonesia isnt that the best thing about travelling being amongst the locals and experiencing thier cultures. If you want to see people like yourself everywhere u travel stay at home Emoticon: Smile

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,819,210 topic views - 234,889 posts - 13,695 topics - 25,607 members - last post @ 13-11-2019 12:09 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,604,669 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com