indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

I have been in Indonesia for long so I would really like to know about this BULE stuff , because I myself dont know the actual meaning !Can Anyone explain ?

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I was told that bule is the word used for white people in Indonesia. Just used to refer to them in a normal to slightly negative way.

Sometime they call me bule , but well, my friends so no problems with that. Emoticon: Puh!

Blog Bot
spacer line

Bule is Polite but its just reffered to a white , or a western person in Indonesia,

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

johanw
User
spacer line

Indonesian friends told me it is the word for a Dutch Red-White Cow.
(Roodbonte Friese stamboek)
As a european arrives on the airport they are completely white. But after some hours on the beach they have the red colour just the colour of that Dutch cow.
Yes, the meaning is polite Emoticon: Nice

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

So Bule means a Dutch BULL !?

Kruyfie
User
spacer line

hm..impov ( in my point of view ) the bule word could be neutral or negative

neutral = as common word to describe caucasian
negative = if a taxi driver say to a caucasian tourist , something like this : dasar bule pelit ! ( stingy white man ! )
btw, in Singapore, the word of Ang Mo ( translated in english as white ghost ) also share the similar meaning with bule.....lol Emoticon: Very funny

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Dear all,

As far as I know Bule is the Indonesian word for Albino, without pigment. The foreigners came to indonesia and called them eversince the word Bule for every white skinned person. Not negative nor positive. Depends on the intonation within the sentence the people use the words.

Sepp Buys

spacer line  

Emoticon: Shiny this is the question for the yerun's private linguist: me! Emoticon: Shiny BULe is a common indonesian's way to refer to pale-skinned people from western countries. It DOES NOT imply any negative connotation. for example (l hope the owner of this site doesn't mind me using him as one): Yerun is BULE because he has pale skin and comes from Holland. So, casually Yerun will be referred to as Bule Belanda or Bule Londo. That's it, clear and simple. Hope it helps.

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

drose
User
User icon of drose
spacer line

Emoticon: Shiny Hi. I just found this website, and I'm glad that this kind of site actually exists. About BULE, for westerners, actually they're not supposed to worry about this, as BULE is a polite word. And don't worry about the origin of the word coz Indonesians themselves don't even know where it came from Emoticon: Shiny

shuisheng
User
spacer line

bule is other word for chiang gong witch means lesser people
cause of our history there is many negative feeling.
i know cause i my selve am one of these people im avrayed .
but all negativity is for reason we must not for get

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

nope...your completely wrong koko shuisheng.......I think Kinanti have a great definition about bule....it doesn't have negative meaning or positive meaning....

shuisheng
User
spacer line

bohong lu . awak stupid lah

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

hehehe......you're not Indonesian enough my friend...."Awak" terms is belongs to Malay.....it means "kamu"....or "anda"....
"Lu" means you or kamu in Indonesia....it comes from chinese......so how comes you become an Indonesian patriot then?

shuisheng
User
spacer line

i know like i sayd i spend secondairy school in Singapura.
there for i speek melayu some time and lu is my Dialec like i sayed im fromBetawi Barat and cina-Benteng people are pure Betwei

shuisheng
User
spacer line

i am patot cause my family faught in war and help create Republik Indonesia

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

yup....and then that's not the way we fight in the present time my friends...that's belong to the past although I never forget about it

shuisheng
User
spacer line

how forget have i lost 9 uncles for nothing ?
have my family lost there land for nothing ? u tell me that i u know answer tell me i wan hear from lu .............???

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

i don't understand what you're saying......maybe it's better for you to use bahasa....or malay.....

shuisheng
User
spacer line

malay .......? saya nga bahasa melayu.........saya orang Indonesia nga melayu Emoticon: Angry

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Would we discuss about BUle in this topic and Stop talking about family pasts...!Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Which Bule?

We have Bule Sri, Bule Endang, Bule Mur, Bule Titi..... Emoticon: Shut up!

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Ali A. yth.,

Do not make yourself difficult.... it has something to do with a lack of sunshine,
most westerners have this disadvantage, that is why their 'bule'.
Even expats have trouble in diminishing that lack of sunshine !!!
To compansate this they tend to wear long trousers or skirts .... but their ankles
can not hide !!!
But ... humans are al the same !!!

Bye .... Anis.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

My wife calls me KAASKOPPIE Emoticon: Shiny

reuveul
User
User icon of reuveul
spacer line

Better BULE than Monyet Belanda...

rob

like to live in ID,but it takes a while to get there

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

"In colonial days to be 'bule' is a way to see the difference by the settled
'European' colonisators and the newcomers, too
!!!
The Totoks are from 'homeland', 'Holland' and of course 'bule'/pale; the settled ones are more 'coloured' by sunshine.

Greets ... Anis

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,889,266 topic views - 222,098 posts - 13,483 topics - 16,230 members - last post @ 19-09-2017 16:43 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

89,931,277 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com