indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Indonesia executes 51-year-old woman for murder, mutilation

And she's not the only one that has recently been executed. See a small list of people who are executed for drug trafficing. An Indian citizen was executed last August and two Thai faced a firing squad at five meters distance for trafficing heroin.

Of course there are opinions involved. It's an example that has been made that murder and mutilation are not allowed. But executing people for trafficing... I think most of them are just the first people in a long chain of suppliers, but still, examples are made here that you should not import any drugs into Indonesia.

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

I'm wondering why you often choose for this kind of news instead of the investigation on the death of Munir, or the 2,5 years jail for Basyir
(just mentioning two recent news items)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I usually use Google News... probably not containing all the news then.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

The investigation in the case of Munir is a scam, and everybody knows it. The conviction of Basyir, and his lenient sentence, seems to me quite arguable (there was little proof). Pertaining deathsentences. I am not fervent anti-deathsentence. But it in Indonesia sentences in criminal cases are handed out on a - at least to me it seems- frivolous basis. A guy like Adiguna, killing a innocent waiter at point-blank range faces only 15 years for unpremeditated murder and 40 years (!) for illegal possesion of a weapon. Hoisting of the RMS flag (you are not hurting anybody by that) is punished by 20 years imprisonment for high-treason. Killing thousands of East-Timorese is even not punished at all.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hmm.. yeah.. hoisting the Morningstar flag is another flag that will be punished with long times in prison..

But it's better to be in jail for having a gun than deduct it from your (financial) penalty, like here in my little country. Emoticon: Talk to the hand

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Please explain, Jeroen, your last sentence. I am a bit confused.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

That last sentence was about something that recently happened here in Holland. A criminal which was convicted and fined was able to deduct his gun from the total penalty as Dutch law says that the 'value' of the person should not be lower than at the time before the act the criminal was convicted for. But the gun was bought before the event and thus it was deductable Emoticon: Stupid

Jantje
User
spacer line

On 20-03-2005 18:01 Jeroen wrote:
But the gun was bought before the event and thus it was deductable Emoticon: Stupid

Deductable for income tax (if I'm not mistaken)...

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,718,235 topic views - 240,492 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,010 members - last post @ 23-11-2020 18:52 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,392,529 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com