indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I will be around Yogya, so tell me where to go, but don't use the Lonely Planet for telling me. Emoticon: Puh!

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

I heard Bromo is closed for tourists in Rainy season, would like to have some information on that,please

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Erlin
User
User icon of Erlin
spacer line

Up north of Yogya (don't know where exactly... I think Cepu or you can ask local people) there is mud volcano where you can see that the earth still alive ... blub ... blub ...

Around Banyuwangi - East Java :
- Sukamade beach, to see sea turtle lying eggs. No clean hotel here.
- Ijen crater.

I don't know if Bromo closed during rainy season what I know is that Kasada ritual at Bromo is worth to see. And nearby to Bromo you can visit Madakaripura waterfall. I've never been there myself, but my husband did and he said it was beautiful place to visit.

Malang is old kolonial town ... but many building has been destroyed and re-built with new one. At jalan Ijen ... there was only for dutch people (at kolonial time), train station still from kolonial time ...

What about climbing the highest mountain of Java, Semeru? You need guide for doing this ... it will take around 3 days but the scenery is beautiful up there.

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Semeru , which part of Java is this mountain, is it trekking or just a long walk to the top....?
please comment

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Erlin
User
User icon of Erlin
spacer line

East part of Java ... it's really climbing and not long walk, last part to the top is sand so it's not easy to walk on. And don't expect any stairs like at Bromo Emoticon: Smile

shuisheng
User
spacer line

= edit =

Blog Bot
spacer line

Hi Jeroen, Depends what do you want to do? Local Culture?, remains of old Historical sites?, natural wonders?..... you have to be more specific. if you like the Javanese culture, go to see them in Solo & Jogya. I think Erlin was thinking of Mount "DIENG" (Dieng Plateau). Yes that is nice place. You can see Candi Dieng. But you'll have to find one very good driver t o get there as I remember on my trip there years back the road was very narrow (cliff) and the bus driver was bit "too brave" for me...

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Bagusdewe,

The driver is not a problem. I drive a motorbike myself in Indonesia. But there are indeed many places and different things to see. I have seen Borobudur and Prambanan of course.

Maybe I like to see the real kampung, where not many other people go. I have stayed in Jogja for my two last holidays, so I know the place around there. Emoticon: Smile

Blog Bot
spacer line

Jeroen,
How comfortable are you with local food at the markets/pasar?
have you tried Gudeg Jogya in Jogyakarta's pasar?

if you have, how about "NASI LIWET" (Slow cooked rice in earthen ware) in SOLO's night life?........sit down in side street in SOLO, eating local food (many westerners/students of STSI/Javanese Gamelan/Karawitan in Solo/Surakarta do it )...perpared for you by IBU-IBU JUALAN NASI & You eat it while still HOT! Better than BUBUR AYAM!
Let me know
Bagusdewe Emoticon: Nice
Emoticon: Nice

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Gudeg is good, but I didn't buy it at the market, just in a warung. But I don't think the taste differs a lot.

The nightlife in Solo is also 'available' in Jogja, and with some friends there, I prefer my nightlife time there. Emoticon: Puh!

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,027,794 topic views - 235,014 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,728 members - last post @ 18-11-2019 23:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,845,162 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com