indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sulawesi > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Next week I'm leaving for Indonesia, and I will visit Sulawesi as well. Of course I will go to see the old Dutch fortresses, Tana Toraja and the lush tropical rainforests, but is there anything you think I should visit?

Please let me know!
Yerun

Erlin
User
User icon of Erlin
spacer line

North Sulawesi place named Manado. Go for a dive at Bunaken (famous place to dive) and you can see also the smallest apes in the world. I forget the name of that apes ... but it's very tiny ... ask local people they will know.
Do you like exotic eating? (I think you won't like it coz it's so spicy) ... at Manado they have menu : tikus pedas, meaning spicy rat. Hehe ... I never tasted it either ...
Further ... enjoy your visit!!!
Emoticon: Bye bye

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I'm not goin that far north this time, only the souther part to Tana Toraja.... Maybe next time Emoticon: Puh!

Erlin
User
User icon of Erlin
spacer line

Wat jammer ...
but okay maybe next time ... are you planning go around java as well? east java? ... would you say hi to my mom for me ... haha Emoticon: Puh!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Ooh.. Java as well, but not too much, maybe Malang or some place there. I'm not sure yet, it's more where the train or motorbike will bring me. Emoticon: Smile

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Sulawesi, No idea Jeroen, but Leaving for semarang,surabaya, Bromo and Bali next month, Would like to have some information on east java , that would be useful...As its my first trip around there

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Erlin
User
User icon of Erlin
spacer line

Malang is my hometown

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

erlina, any special places to visit in your home town?

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hey, you can also open new topics, there is plenty of space at the Java forum!

Please help me opening new topics Emoticon: Sadley

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Have a nice trip to Indonesia, BON VOYAGE>..enjoy yourself...

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 27-02-2004 07:26 aliakbar wrote:
Have a nice trip to Indonesia, BON VOYAGE>..enjoy yourself...

makasih Emoticon: Bye bye I will say goodbye tonight, I'm not gone yet. I have to work today and it's still snowing here. Emoticon: Red face

mali2004
User
spacer line

We did Sulawesi 4 weeks in 1998.
The Toraja is faboulous.

The Togoins islands not easy to reach but far out the best we have seen snorkeling and diving.

Have fun.

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

In 1997 I was in Tana Toraja wich was a great experience.
In 2000 I was in Sulawesi again and traveled from north (Manado) to south. Ujung Padang was not a very pleasant town to be (but wich big city is in Ind?) During that holiday I liked the jungle trip in Lore Lindu near Palu very much. Or is that to far north as well for you?
Have a nice time,
Jan.

bazziman
User
spacer line

Here's some small tips for those who want to travel around Sulawesi:

Bunaken is very, very nice. Diving and snorkling are great there indead. Be a bit careful when you're on the Island a British/Austrialian couple run one of the resorts there and they ripped off my credit card. The last time I was there I spoke to the owner of the 'Bunaken Breaze' (the place the couple used to work at) and he confirmed this. The couple works in another resort now.

Anyway, be sure to eat some RW (you can get some at those sea side restaurants round / behind the KFC) and also try some paniki! Try some of the black rise they steam in bamboo too. It's great stuff.

Toradja is great. I spend some nights in the Misi Liana hotel. It's got rooms that are built just like the traditional Rumah Adat!

When you are in Makasar (if you go there) be sure to visit the harbour with the Ancient Bugis ships (I forgot the name of the place) and Fort Rotterdam. If the city gets on your nerves (it's kinda dirty and crowded) take a swim at Samalona (a small island near the coast). You can even spend a night there.

zieleffe
User
User icon of zieleffe
spacer line

quote Erlin

Malang is my hometown

Verdediging is de ruiter van kritiek--- *O* --,Het doel heiligt de middelen

Fotograaf
User
spacer line

Sulawesi is unbelievable diverse.
I've spent four month's in the Minahasa area and Sanger-Talaud islands only, and yet there is so much more to see.

Half May I'll be on Sulawesi again, this time its the Banggai islands i'm going. Emoticon: Smile

Fotograaf
User
spacer line

Hi Anis,

I don't mind hot weather and on the Banggai's I'll be near, in or on the water at all times. Emoticon: Smile
I prefere tranquil islandlife over mountains anyway.
Reason why I choose the Banggai's is the fact that I'm going to make a photographic documentory about the orang 'bajo laut'

foxdemon
User
User icon of foxdemon
spacer line

Belum visit Sulawesi myself, but it is the Island my step mother comes from.

Jeron, the wild life is special on Sulawesi. This is where the Wallace line meets. The Wallace line is where the asiatic fauna gives way to Sahal fauna (eg marsupials). You will find a mixure on Sulawesi. The Tarsius is a small primate, represeting the link between Lemurs (of Madagascar) and modern primates. Very high on the cuteness index. Found only on Mindanao, Sulawesi, ad parts of Kalimantan. Check out the wild life.

manon
User
User icon of manon
spacer line

hoi,

ik ben op zoek naar iemand die in Tomohon is geweest of binnenkort naar afreist ivm info over accommodatie met zwembad e.d.
heeft iemand wat info?
Emoticon: Confused

groeten & alvast bedankt
Emoticon: Bye bye manon
MODERATOR BREAK

Please, keep this topic in English.

Placed by Jeroen @ 13-04-2006 13:51

spacer line  

In Makassar you must eat by John on the road Jl Pattimura nr 2. His chicken is delicious.

Greatings Tinie

Als iedereen was zoals ik zou moeten zijn was de wereld veel beter af.

meindert
User
spacer line

We planned to go to Sulawesi in september as well. Does anyone have any advise where to travel to? What about the Togean islands?
thanks

Jeffers
User
User icon of Jeffers
spacer line

I have recently returned from South Sulawesi, especially Tanah Toraja and found this part to be very rugged terrain, beautiful, splendrous and gobsmacking breathtaking. Got the picture yet? From Pare Pare I went to Pinrang, Rappang, Enrekang, Makele and then to Rantepao before retracking back to Balikpapan in East Kalimantan. I stayed at the Sahid Toraja Hotel just outside Makele but found it to be rather rundown due to the lack of income from tourism but still it is a magnificent hotel. I also stayed at the Toraja Heritage at Rantepao for several days. Fairly expensive and starting to feel the ravages of time without proper maintenance. The best hotel in Rantepao is the Hotel Indra situated by the side of the river, great rooms, restaurant and bar. Very cheap considering the amenities available. If you base yourself there you can get to all the touristy place through the services of the hotel staff. For tourist information there are several travel agents in Rantepao but don't go to the Government Tourist Office for advice. They don't seem to care one way or the other. They gave us information that was very old and most of the places they eventually referred us to had been closed for years. Rantepao is the heart of Tanah Toraja and can be an exciting place to go to. Londa is where the mainstream of traditional gravesites are located. There are always ceremonies of one sort or another happening on a regular basis. These range from wedding parties to burials. Go there and enjoy - it really is a remarkable place to visit.

Mr. Jacob
User
spacer line

For mr. Meindert.
I visit Sulawesi almost 1 or 2 times a year. I like it there. Especially I like South Sulawesi. The last 7 years I always stay in the house of Dodo (Makassar) for some days and let him arrnge the trips for me. Dodo has a good job and his wife too, but his hobby is to meet tourist and speak English with them. Sometimes he goes with tourist to Toraja or Bira, maybe the most neautiful places to see in South Sulawesi. You can send him a mail for information to hia mailaddress: donow77Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com. He is very helpful and his prises are much cheaper than normal guides or taxi's. So he will pick you up from the Airport in Makassar for a cheap prise. He also has two roons for tourist in his house for a cheap prise. He knows a lot of all the interested places in South Sulawesi and is able to give you many good advises.
When you want to go to Rantepao you better can stay in wisma Maria 1 wirh hot shower and international breakfast (just about Ç 5,00 a day/night).
And now my question: "Who can give me some information about Mamasa?" In September I want to go to there for 3 weeks. I heard many stories like "most beautiful valley of Sulawesi", but I never been there.

pak ronald
User
User icon of pak ronald
spacer line

Ga staan waar geen plek is om te staan.

Mr. Jacob
User
spacer line

Thank you pak Ronald. Every information about Mamasa is welcome.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

59,571,137 topic views - 227,211 posts - 13,608 topics - 18,906 members - last post @ 16-07-2018 08:29 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

102,702,602 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com