indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

sretlow
User
spacer line

I'm looking for a video camera. But in about 1 month I go to Bali. Maybe it is much cheaper to buy a digital videocamera over there. Can anyone tell me something about prices of this kind of equipment? A friend of me want to buy a playstation over there.

Maybe there is a online shop to look at prices in Bali. If there is, please sent me a link/url.

latex40
User
User icon of latex40
spacer line

Hoi Sretlow,
Als je een video camera (digital) wil kopen in Bali is er een zaak in Den Passar, echter let op de camera die je daar koopt heeft niet het systeem wat wij in Europa hebben, voorts de kabels die je er bij krijg en je wilt monteren op de pc, cassablanca of andere montage recorders, deze passen niet . Dus een goede raad ga naar Media Markt en daar hebben ze ook goekope camera's. Hier heb je garantie echter daar gekocht niet. Dus waar geef je je geld aan uit. En ander punt daar gekocht hoe leer je je camera, vragen sumier Engels dus doe wijs en koop hem hier. Ben zelf een video fanaat ik weet waar ik over spreek. Singapore idem dito ander systeem en kreeg je horizontale strepen op je tv. In Indonesie echter niet . Wij hebben hier in Holland het PAL systeem. succes Latex 40

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Latex,

Even if the guy is Dutch, he placed it in the English topic. Therefore lets keep the conversation in English.
So non Dutch speaking members can join the conversation. There are already so many topics in the Dutch language.

Thanks for the understanding.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

sajwl
User
spacer line

Hi,
Pls open http://www.electronic-city.net
It's a program w Citibank credit card, I'm also very interesting in Sony handycam DCR HC30E, around USD 540, is that more expensive ???

gmee01
User
User icon of gmee01
spacer line

My advise: just buy that sort of equipment in Holland. The prices are the same as in Holland. And most of the time even if they put them on their site, doesn't mean , it will be delivered the next day. They simply order it and by the time you are leaving. your equipment may be there, maybe not. This is not the western world where everything is available within some days. Friendly greetings Gerard

EricYen
User
spacer line

On 16-03-2005 12:38 latex40 wrote:
Hoi Sretlow,
Als je een video camera (digital) wil kopen in Bali is er een zaak in Den Passar, echter let op de camera die je daar koopt heeft niet het systeem wat wij in Europa hebben, voorts de kabels die je er bij krijg en je wilt monteren op de pc, cassablanca of andere montage recorders, deze passen niet . Dus een goede raad ga naar Media Markt en daar hebben ze ook goekope cameras. Hier heb je garantie echter daar gekocht niet. Dus waar geef je je geld aan uit. En ander punt daar gekocht hoe leer je je camera, vragen sumier Engels dus doe wijs en koop hem hier. Ben zelf een video fanaat ik weet waar ik over spreek. Singapore idem dito ander systeem en kreeg je horizontale strepen op je tv. In Indonesie echter niet . Wij hebben hier in Holland het PAL systeem. succes Latex 40

Latex,

It is not true at all, what you're saying here.

Buying in SE Asia, especially in Singapore is much cheaper, up to 40-50%.

PAL standard is an option on your camera, so no problem there. Warranty is worldwide, so no problem there either (allways make sure by asking about worldwide guarantee, but it is uncluded).

If English manual is a problem, go to the site of the manufacturer (for example JVC) and download the Dutch manual, no problem either.

Also, by buying in Singapore, you will get back your GST, the Value added Tax of 5%.

Places to buy your electronics in Singapore:

Funan IT mall at North Bridge Road (MRT station City Hall) (www.funan.com.sg)
Lucky Plaza (www.luckyplaza.com.sg) on Orchard Road.
Sim Lim square on Rochor Road (http://www.vr-zone.com/sls/).

First go to Funan to inform yourself on all options, here's where the official resellers and retailers of all known brands are selling their stuff.

Then go to either Lucky Plaza or better, to Sim Lim and negotiate the prices down. Tough negotiation, but you will get a great deal if you know what you are buying. It is very important to know specifications of the models, it will show the salesman you know what you are talking about. So before buying look at the internet and study.

The only thing you need to take into consideration here is the importing of your camera back home. Customs might want to tax you, but on Schiphol this will not be the case unless you buy several stuff, i.e. for selling it back home. As long as it is your personal equipment, you should have no problems.

I am also talking with experience, have done this numerous times.

On Bali I checked a few prices and compared them to Singapore. Far less choice in Bali and you need to be careful as they sometimes use different specifications, so the JVC DV 100 camera at the end might be a lower model.... And prices were generally quite a bit higher than in Singapore. But still far less expensive than in The Netherlands.

Good luck, it's worth buying here in Singapore!

Eric

Jantje
User
spacer line

You're right Eric. Singapore is the place to be for buying this stuff.
Funan IT Mall have a huge selection and good prices. Ngee Ann City and Suntec have good assortment.
It's worthwile to make a stopover in Singapore for a day.
I bought my digicam at airport. Next time I'll shop at Funan.
Thanks.

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Some things to think about before you buy:
- things are cheaper in Bali than most western countries, but
- a lot of the equipment has less quality. Even when you buy equipment from a known brand the quality can be less than the same brand in your home country. Not fair, but true.
- When your system breaks down you have a problem. Guarentee from Indonesian shops on equipment is much less than what we are used to. Guarentee "till the door" is not unusual although things are improving.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,291,474 topic views - 240,165 posts - 13,729 topics - 33,261 members - last post @ 25-09-2020 14:11 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

139,018,613 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com