indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Blog @ indahnesia.com > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Landslides cut off Tomohon-Manado road
Published on 15 January 2014 19:59
Landslides damaged sections of the road between Tomohon and Manado in North Sulawesi, following incessant rains and strong winds that lashed the areas since Tuesday.
Continue reading , click the title

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

I just came from Kotamobagu (South Minahasa) this morning, departed at 9.30 am, arrived in Tomohon at 14.30 a 5 hour journey which is normally be done in 3 hours. We could take the Trans Sulawesi which leads all the way to Tumpaan but could not continue to Tanawangko; on the small mountainroads just off Tumpaan were landslides, mud, water and lots of fallen trees. But we made it. The rain which started yesterday around 12 never stopped untill this morning around 8 to be start over again around 11.
I need to be at the airport tomorrow night at 6 pm. The Tomohon-Manadoroad is still closed at the moment (17.00 WITA) so we probably need to make a detour via Tondano and Airmadidi hoping this will work out as this road is normally aso prone to landslides.

Info about Flores? FLORES SURGA KITA - http://www.travel2flores.info

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.AM; news reports indeed say that it's still raining in large area's. Around Tondano there are also landslides, but they did not say where exactly, so I can not help you to see whether the road is open. The good thing is that locals know this pretty soon after it happens usually.

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

On 16-01-2014 10:26 Yerun wrote:
Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.AM; news reports indeed say that it's still raining in large area's. Around Tondano there are also landslides, but they did not say where exactly, so I can not help you to see whether the road is open. The good thing is that locals know this pretty soon after it happens usually.
Untill now I don't hear a thing about the Tomohon-Tondano road. I think the landslides are along the road around the Tondano lake (I can imagine that).
No worries, I am with locals here Emoticon: Smile so I don't have to figure this out myself. Actually there is no other way left than Tondano-Airmadidi.
I also can't finds any flightdelays (which is weird.....) because a delayed flight could be the next problem to solve.... Emoticon: Confused

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

The weather is bad, but delays may be localised and not throughout the day for example. If the rain is like in Jakarta a few days ago, that means heavy rains and then almost dry periods and heavy rain again... which means flights can depart, eventually..

Weather-related delays are also not announced on beforehand as they are reviewed usually shortly before departure. Delays because the flight arrives late are another possibility.. when the weather is bad at the departure point for example..

Anyway.. good luck there. I hope not too much travel disruptions for you and others there. The situation is already bad enough..

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

I think I need the good luck. The Manado-Tomohon road is closed and it is not a matter of cleaning up. The road is missing 10 meters over the total width of the road. In the meantime I understand that the landslides and floods are on the Tondano-Airmadidi-Manado road as well. Well my traveldisruptions are one thing but far more bad for the people who are in trouble of even more worse.
I was already lucky my flight last Saturday "only" had a 7,5 hour delay from Sangihe. At this moment flights are definately canceled.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Yeah, it's pretty bad up there (seen from here). Manado city has been hard hit as well. I'm only following the news here, nothing more I can do, but it's much worse than the floods in Jakarta for sure, with their slow-rising water.. entire neighborhoods have been washed away, seems there are cars in Manado Bay and so on..

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

Half an hour ago a Trans TV team arrived at the hotel. The hotel where I am staying is the only one in the centre, not often used by western tourist but locals.
The broken road which is on TV One all the time is is the Tomohon-Manado road at Tinoor only 10 kilometers from here.

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

What did the TransTV people tell you? Any additional information for your travel plans?

Yes, TVone is focussing on the 'big' news at the moment, the huge landslide. Road is gone indeed.

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

They just arrived, two people from Gorontalo, the other two from the airport (which means te road is accesible) I think untill now I can tell them more than the other way around.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,889,266 topic views - 222,103 posts - 13,484 topics - 16,230 members - last post @ 19-09-2017 20:01 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

89,933,223 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com