indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

I try to locate a specific area in the Bandung area, I would appreciate if anyone can help me.

My dad is born in Indonesia. During the weekend they use to go out in the mountains around Bandung. He mentioned Arcamanik, From their point of view they overlooked a valley en futher away there was a waterfall; one stream, but when it was raining it had two streams. In the area was also a spot from where you could overlook Bandung

Is there anybody who recognises the views i describe and knows from where it can be seen?

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

How long ago was it the time your father was living in Bandung? Arcamanik is nowadays an overcrowded living area in the city of Bandung (the outskirts). No valley anymore and I don't know anything about a waterfall.

spacer line  

We are talking about 1939-1941 (my dad is from 1933). I did track the area you mentioned (I guess where the golf course is) but have doubts. Besides the fact that the drive from home (the neighnourhood around the trainstation/Kebon kawoeng road) took quite some time, he also mentioned that it was in a steeper part of the mountains and the Bandung overview (so it needs to be high I guess) .

The name he mentioned came close to Arcamanik but might be different. Does any of the waterfalls in the region has two streams after raining (one when it was not raining)?

Does this ring a bell?

kuyas
User
spacer line

Waterfall/Air terjun or Curug ins Sundanese, pls check this out in case one of them matches. http://www.infobdg.com/v2/9-cu(...)empesona-di-bandung/

My great grand parent also lives in Bandung and Sumatra during that period

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

64,989,898 topic views - 229,425 posts - 13,647 topics - 19,924 members - last post @ 12-12-2018 06:02 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

109,862,204 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com