indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sulawesi > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

esther
User
spacer line

hello,

does anybody know if it is possible to go by boat from bali to Sulawesi en from Sulawesi to Banjarsmin on Kalimantan?

thanks a lot

e.

valentino
User
spacer line

Hi Esther,

I've traveled from Tarakan (North-East Kalimantan) to Pare Pare (South Sulawesi) via Balikpapan (East Kalimantan) by Pelni.

This trip takes around 3 days and you've got a number of classes on board: VIP-A, VIP-B and Economy. VIP classes are basically cabins and Economy is sleeping in a huge room with all the other passengers.

There isn't a lot to do on the boat other than sitting at the bow of the boat (and watching the flying fish and wales) or reading a book.

For more information look on the website www.pelni.co.id

Regards,

Valentino

Usman
User
spacer line

Hello everyone,

In October I have plans to travel with my (Indonesian) girlfriend in North- and central Sulawesi. I think we will make a circle Manado, Bitung, Luwuk, Togean, Gorantalo and end in Kwadang (North of Gorantalo) or Toli-Toli. From Kwadang or Toli-Toli we wan't to move to East-Kalimantan cause we like to visit Pulau Derawan, Sangalaki and Kakaban to snorkel with the turtles and dolphins.
Does somebody know (or had experience) if its possible to catch a (PELNI) ship from those places and travel to Berau or Tarakan?

I have tried the official Pelni website but I can't get the information from the site. Its so slow.

Another question is, are there more backpackerpeople in october in North or central Sulawesi?

Thank you already!

pPamela
User
spacer line

If you need a fabulous contact in Sulawesi there is a great guy called Dodo, an Indonesian guy who works for the electricity dept and in his spare time takes travellers around and has accomodation at his home. He is contactable by email at donow77Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
He also has a cute little website created by a traveller friend of his Sonia at homepage.mac.com/soniaf/mak/penman
Pamela

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

63,987,413 topic views - 229,193 posts - 13,640 topics - 19,764 members - last post @ 19-11-2018 20:25 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

108,658,714 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com