indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Afra20
User
spacer line

In july we go to Bali. First we will make a trip through Java and Bali and after that we will relaxe in Kuta or Benoa. Who can tell me something about those two places? What is the nicest place, with a beautiful beach?

ron broens
User
spacer line

wel we were in kuta 1 afternoon but we couldn't relax with the people harrasing us for buying things and drugs and sex, so better benoa or sanur or legian

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Ron,

I had the same back in 1999, but last january, it had improved dramatically. If you ignore those selling drugs and sex, there should not be any problem with that at all to my opinion.

Yerun

ron broens
User
spacer line

Yerun you're right, but it's not our idea of vacation by ignoring people, all the other places we went to on bali that was not an issue.
The only + in Kuta we found the range of restaurants.

Frits
User
spacer line

the choice between Kuta and Benoa is a choice between many tourists, including all activities tourists want ( disco, bar, tourist food, many shops, many restaurants) and more Balinese atmosphere. Also in Benoa are many hotels and a nice choice of restaurants (in nearby Bualu again many), but still quiet in comparision with Kuta. Beach in Kuta is famous for sunset, but i like beach of Benoa more. My choice would be: holiday in Benoa and if you want to join the touristactivities, you take taxi ( only 3.5 euro, if hotel doesnot provide shutle)

gmee01
User
User icon of gmee01
spacer line

The choice between Kuta and Tanjung Benoa is very simple; if you like mass-tourism go to Kuta(like Spain)if you are looking for a more authentic atmosphere I certainly would recommend Tanjung Benoa(which is located on a peninsula with on one side the fish-harbour and on the other side the beach which ends in Nusa Dua (5 star area)and Bali=cliff. ) My choice would be; heve the best of both: shopping and clubbing in Kuta-area. For staying ;the nice beach and more friendly atmosphere in Tanjung Benoa( there are a lot of taxi's in Bali to go to and fro.) friendly greetings Gerard

ameland
User
User icon of ameland
spacer line

I agree with Gerard but there are many more places on Bali. For peace and quiet go to either Amed, Banyu Poh or even Candi Dasa or Padang Bay. Benoa is the place where all the expensive hotels take their guests to parasail and scooter on the water.

Belum kawin

wilhelmus
User
spacer line

= edit: caps only is for shouting and yelling and is hard to read. Please use normal text. =

WIL

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

52,104,970 topic views - 224,500 posts - 13,535 topics - 16,965 members - last post @ 13-12-2017 21:28 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

93,361,919 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com