indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

kaccomaz
User
spacer line

I have been applying to schools an have an offer in north Jakarta, in kelapa gading. Would you mind sharing more about your experience there? Cost of living, what would be a great salary? The job offers 36,000 us. I want to travel and save, will this be sufficient? Quality of life..neighborhoods to live in. Any advice would be immensely helpful.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi kaccomaz,

I do not think you will get much response on this forum about teaching experiences in Jakarta, but you will be able to read about lots on this teaching forum.
forums.eslcafe.com/job/
And in particular on the Indonesian teaching forum below.
forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewforum.php?f=10
I suggest you join the website and ask all your questions there and I am sure you will get lots of information.
Good Luck.
Pamela Emoticon: Smile

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Again,

Just been doing a little more research and it is probably better to head over to the Indonesian Expat forum.
Link is www.livinginindonesiaforum.org(...)php/49-Teachers-chat
On that forum travellingchez is a female working as a teacher in Jakarta, so maybe contact her via the forum.
Good Luck.
Pamela. Emoticon: Smile

kiva_id
User
spacer line

It is very very enough to live in indonesia with that salary. I think 1000 us/month is is enough to live in indonesia. You get 3000us per month. I suggest you find house or apartment in area kelapa gading. The neighbour is good. Kelapa gading is a one of middle until upper level in jakarta. But sometime in kelapa gading is flooded. So you should find good apartment or good rent house.

spacer line  

area kelapa gading

Dont forget the flood (Banjir)

bisa dicek of makemyday .

spacer line  

I found the information very much useful about how to do a job of teaching while living in this country and the level of earning required to maintain normal life.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

46,201,736 topic views - 220,390 posts - 13,400 topics - 15,619 members - last post @ 24-04-2017 15:30 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

84,527,852 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com