indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Last august when I was in Yogya, I was somehow kind of dehydrated, and I got three liters of water sollution in me, with that the doctor told me to eat bubur ayam. When I heard him telling that to my friends, I was almost peeing in my pants... NOT bubur ayam! Emoticon: Sadley

I ate it once in Bandung and it didn't taste like anything, above all it was topped with cabe... damn hot (for me). At that moment I decided that I would never eat bubur ayam again, but look at me now. In that day I ate four complete dishes, slowly but surely in the sake of quick recovery.

I don't know whether it was the docter with his medical knowlegde, my friends with their warmth or the bubur ayam, but within 24 hours I was live and kicking again, eager to get out again.

This one is for Pinta Emoticon: Smile

janss557
User
spacer line

That reminds me of a funny experience I was having.

Back in 1990, when we had to say goodbye to our relatives, in which house we stayed for several weeks in Kebayoran Baru, we (my wife, her sister, my brother-in-law and I) decided to express our feelings of gratitude by buying them a microwave, which they badly needed at the moment. We were afraid they would not appreciate the gift of money.
They were very happy with the present, and we were asked to be the first ones to use the microwave (like a maiden trip, would it have been a boat). So we decided to have bubur ketan hitam made.
Later on, when we were home again, they phoned us, more or less angrily, but still enjoying the humour of it all, telling us that by now they were still busy removing the bubur from the microwave. We forgot all of it, as the preparations for saying goodbye were rather hectic, and the microwave had to do without a time clock. I never dared to asked how they got it clean again. When we came back several years after, they still used the same microwave, so I think the damage seems not to have been too big after all. Looking at the microwave to them meant thinking of us.

Hub

Blog Bot
spacer line

bubur ayam = chicken flu? this is interesting, i am also indonesian so the bubur ayam topic quite interests me a bit. sadly, this damn flu burung makes people here afraid to eat dishes with chicken in them. I still eat bubur ayam but i skip the shredded chicken meat.

this is also funny, the term flu burung or bird flu.. it mostly affects chickens and not bird. so I agree with your term: chicken flu, hatchu!!

who is pinta? Emoticon: Devil

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

I think Bubur ayam is the tastiest stuff in Indonesian cuisines , it has no taste thats true but its one of my favorite , I love to have the bubur ayam near Cikini menteng which is considered as one of the best Buburs in Jakarta .

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Kruyfie
User
spacer line

Hi Ali Akbar,

Yah bubur ayam is sedap, especially in the cold weather like this ( snowy in Holland )..

I miss bubur ayam Cikini .... Emoticon: Cry

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Bubir ayam with a telor mata sapi in a snowy climate can be more satisfying that having a Dinner in a five star Hotel .....LOL

( and cheap as well ) LOL ! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yeah right!

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Makassi
User
User icon of Makassi
spacer line

In 1993, I was rakus (to greedy) for sateh, so i didn't notice the meat was not good anymore. The same night I went ill, badly! My sister in law subscribed me bubur ayam. I had to eat it for 7 days.
The first day or two I hated the stuff, but thereafter I begun to like it.
Now I love it. The more I can get, the better. And indeed a mata sapi in the middle and a cabe rawit on top of it melts the snow away here.

Emoticon: Frustrated (I want my bubur!!!!)

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

The famous bubur ayam is served at the Hotel of Indonesia ...whenever I am hungry after dancing (Pitstop thank you very much!), I will drive to HI for Bubur Ayam ... mmm mmm good!

I want my BUBUR N-O-W....

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

LelyCabe
User
spacer line

I was eat bubur ayam in the hospital for more than one week, but after all I am sick of it, then I want to eat rice or somthing else, cause I felt better in few days actually, But then when I move to Jogja, there are many bubur ayam available everywhere, so I can eat it in the morning for breakfast, especially when I get cold, it's good food to eat. so Don't be stubborn to get healing from bubur ayam hehehee Emoticon: Bye bye

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,672,034 topic views - 236,682 posts - 13,710 topics - 28,455 members - last post @ 21-02-2020 14:25 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

129,989,479 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com