indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

cabrio
User
spacer line

Who knows good/honest furniture shops in Bali with the better quality stuff?
I'm looking to re-furnish my house.
I didn't have the time to look around while I was in Bali, so now trying to search on the web, but hard to find shops with a website.

So who has websites or addresses of nice quality furniture shops for me?

spacer line  

There are plenty of furniture shops with websites and on-line catalogues. What kind / type of furniture are you looking for: Modern, traditional, antique style ????

Mind you, most of the locally produced stuff sold in Bali is produced in Java and only finished (painted) in Bali. Imported goods are also available but come at a high price.

For starters, here are some websites of nice shops:
http://www.liocollection.com/
http://www.balibargainhunter.com/
http://www.tarita.com/
http://www.homecenterindonesia.com/home_page.htm
http://vinotiliving.com/

http://www.bayucottages.com in Amed - East Bali

cabrio
User
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.AmedEastBali:

Thanks for your help. I took a look at those websites, some I already know but some are new. Tarita is new for me and I like that style. Balibargainhunter is one I know and already asked for quotes and information.
I'm looking for Modern or traditional style. At the moment the bedroom is prime priority.

spacer line  

On 02-04-2012 03:18 cabrio wrote:
Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.AmedEastBali:

At the moment the bedroom is prime priority.

Makes sense, most people spend over 8 hours per day in that room. No other room in the house can beat that Emoticon: Smile

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Well Amed.....depends on......
BTW, your comment
most of the locally produced stuff sold in Bali is produced in Java and only finished (painted) in Bali
makes sense. And after buying it in Bali it is all transported back again to Jawa for the shipping. I've never understood the buying of furniture in Bali. Weird........

cabrio
User
spacer line

On 02-04-2012 03:24 Amed East Bali wrote:

[quote removed]

Makes sense, most people spend over 8 hours per day in that room. No other room in the house can beat that Emoticon: Smile

I won't stay that long a day, but a bed is still one of the most important parts of the house. When your sleep is bad, the day won't be good also. Not to forget..... ;-)

I don't understand why many of the shops have a website, asthey never reply any mail you sent them. From the 4 shops I mail to get more information and a quote on some of their furniture, only 1 replied. I think they better save the money and don't bother to make a website then...

cabrio
User
spacer line

On 03-04-2012 09:31 Yogya-Bali wrote:
Well Amed.....depends on......
BTW, your comment
[quote removed]
makes sense. And after buying it in Bali it is all transported back again to Jawa for the shipping. I've never understood the buying of furniture in Bali. Weird........

Makes sense.
But mine will stay in Bali as it is to furnish my house in Bali. ;-)

spacer line  

Bring your own design or a picture of something you like to a furniture workshop and ask for a quotation if they make it. We did it like that and had beds (better and) cheaper made than buying them from a shop.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 03-04-2012 16:12 cabrio wrote: I don't understand why many of the shops have a website, asthey never reply any mail you sent them. From the 4 shops I mail to get more information and a quote on some of their furniture, only 1 replied. I think they better save the money and don't bother to make a website then...
The website is for the gengsi (= status). Probably nobody in the shop knows how a computer, let alone knows how the internet works (don't forget that there are only 1 million internet connections in a country with 240 million inhabitants, and amongst them the biggest ones are definitely not the furniture business men in Bali). I have been in offices where a friend of mine had to install computers, programs and internet while nobody knew or understood anything about it. But a shop without computers, a website, etc. doesn't have gengsi . That's why you don't get an answer. Already tried to connect to Indonesian websites? Yesterday I had a percentage of 65% that failed.

magbrune
User
spacer line

I am soon coming to Bali to buy furniture and I have been recommended to do it through an agent. . I am considering going through amshiga or lys trading. Does any one know any of them? I am already in contact with lys (Yes I had a quick answer ! ;-) ) and apparently they can find the suppliers for custom made furniture, negociate the prices and check the quality, I guess it will help me to be sure I receive what I actually order... If you have any recommendation let me know !

spacer line  

Normally, you use an agent if you are NOT coming to Bali. You use an agent to look for items you want, negotiate a price, check quality, arrange shipment, etc., etc. For their work / service they charge you either a fixed fee or a percentage of the shipment value. Usually, they also get a kickback from the manufacturer, which they ofcourse they don't mention to you.

So, if you are coming to Bali, why pay more if you can do it yourself ????

magbrune
User
spacer line

Well, it is true that they charge for it but from what I understood, even if you are in Bali it is not that easy to find trustful suppliers, especially that I do not speak indonesian...

Apparently it often happens that you don't receive the exact same item that you bought in the shop. or that the quality is not as good as they promised. As I am only staying in Bali for a couple of weeks, I won't be able to check everything and to follow the production...

So I guess I'd rather pay a little bit more and make sure I don't loose everything (furniture never sent, bad quality...), don't you think?

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 10-04-2012 07:03 magbrune wrote: So I guess I'd rather pay a little bit more and make sure I don't loose everything (furniture never sent, bad quality...), don't you think?
Well, my comment on Cabrio was wrong because he lives in Bali.
You will do it for business. So I guess you are going to pay double or even triple. From the viewpoint of competition I would say: get yourself an agent on the island of Jawa where the furniture is produced, created, manufactured and will be shipped from. Then you don't pay twice transportation costs.....(let alone all the other surpluses they are goint to charge you in Bali).

tuliquef
User
spacer line

I think that what Magbrune says is true. It is difficult to find trustful suppliers without an agent. Except maybe if you live in Indonesia and spend a looot of time looking for it. I am also willing to import some furniture and I've heard about Lys Trading as well. Are you still in contact with them? Is everything going well? I'd be interested in using their services too.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Keep in mind that the biggest crooks are on Bali. Only stiff heads do buy their furniture in Bali. The real businessmen go to production sites in Java. The purchase price and transportation costs are about half.

slevapaul
User
spacer line

Yes designing the home with the furniture gives the pretty good look to the home. There are many furniture shops and the brands available in the market which produces the good furniture at the affordable prices. Also available in different designs and the latest stylish patterns. Thanks for sharing the nice info.

connorjohn
User
spacer line

You can definitely buy new furniture for you home online at " Albert Graham Limited " because it offers various options to choose furniture for you home weather it's for bedroom, Dining room or for living room.

ruedesiam
User
spacer line

If you're new to Bali I suggest you visit our online jojakarta furniture shop and BALI / SANUR furniture showroom

nayaka
User
spacer line

visit our website www.nayaka-art.com best quality at affordable prices

spacer line  

Special offers ...

Websites for local sellers bali furniture, direct supply of goods in Jepara.

if you interest please contact us at jeparaonlinestore.com

Welcome to Jepara Online Store

Our focus is to supply the furniture market with eco friendly wood furniture and support them with good service

MADE TO ORDER WITH SPECIAL PRICE
For Furniture Stores, Re Seller, Wholeseler, and User

sell garden furniture from Jepara furniture cheapest wholesale prices, ready to accept orders both local and foreign. we are also looking for buyers who are interested in developing products garden furniture from Jepara. and we will give you the cheapest price, ready to work for the development of furniture products. contact us jeparaonlinestoreRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com

by. Category Product Furniture :
Mebel Jepara,
Furniture Jepara,
furniture jepara murah,
furniture jepara minimalis,
handicraft jepara,
garment jepara,
java meuble jepara,
Furniture teak Jepara,

Grous1954
User
spacer line

We know the impact that high-quality designer furniture can make to a space that is why we offer well-designed, functional furnishing products for both your home and the commercial sector.

Need elegant outdoor furniture? Visit WGU Design for more details.

spacer line  

Our blessing of teak furniture store furniture Jepara sell a wide range of quality furniture . please come to our place or can visit our
- website www.barokahjatifurniture.com
- 082 227 824 823
mebel jepara

Andrew
User
spacer line

Hi, the forum's been dead for quite some time. Can anyone give a newbie some directions on how to get some furniture?

oyibo
User icon of oyibo
spacer line

You mean this topic? Could be, normally we furniture spammers enough.

If you go through this topic, you might find urls enough to have an idea.

By the way, is it cold in Russia?

It's only kinky the first time.

Andrew
User
spacer line

Nice one. Emoticon: Smile No, not where I'm at, thanks for asking. Actually, it's a good place and people are very nice. Emoticon: Smile Yes, I write from Russia, on the businnes trip, wanted to get some furniture to my house in Seminyak, friends are coming to visit, is that cool? Please, don't ban me.

I've seen the urls, still confused, wanted advice from someone who knows the drill, won't be bothering if that's too much.

P.S. "Furniture spammers" - is there such a thing?

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

46,970,542 topic views - 220,705 posts - 13,433 topics - 15,739 members - last post @ 25-05-2017 20:54 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

85,556,635 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com