indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

eco_girl
User
spacer line

Hey guys,

Well,I felt a really strong urge to write about my experience in Bukit Lawang. I've spent the last 6 months travelling around South East Asia, and I flew into indonesia about 2 weeks ago now and I have fallen in love with the place!

I'm currently in Medan after visiting Bukit Lawang and Pula Weh...I had an incredible time in Bukit Lawang. Seeing orangutans in the wild has always been my dream, and on my way up to Bukit Lawang I was shocked at the huge number of oil palm plantations everywhere. Before heading to Indonesia I found a wonderful website online www.treesfortreks.com I decided to book a trek with the guide Doni because I loved the idea of planting a fruit tree in the jungle to ensure that orangutans always have food-I think it's a great idea. I decided to head into the jungle for 3 days by myself, I'd read some bad things about some of the guides in Bukit Lawang, but I felt completely comfortable and safe with Doni. He's a lovely guy and is so passionate about the jungle and the orangutans...he explained so many different things about the plants, animals and trees. We also got to see 7 truly wild orangutans! I could not have had a more amazing time there. I just wanted to recommend him to anyone travelling through Bukit Lawang, and stress how important it is to research your guide. I met one lady who'd gone trekking and commented that her guide had hand fed the orangutans which is really bad...basically just make sure that you know who you're going with before you decide to book.

I honestly could not recommend Doni highly enough!!!!!!

eco_girl
User
spacer line

Doni's website is http://treesfortreks.com/ check it out :-)

Pak Pupyes
User
User icon of Pak Pupyes
spacer line

Comment withdrawn. Not that all of a sudden I don't think it's illegal advertising - it is - but I now think it's probably well-intended.

MAD

spacer line  
bisa dicek of makemyday .

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,995,258 topic views - 222,235 posts - 13,491 topics - 16,270 members - last post @ 24-09-2017 15:23 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

90,103,301 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com