indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

today I saw two pickpockets trying to steal an old lady's purse on a metromini and I warned the poor lady by shouting outloud. She grabbed her handbag tightly and moved away from the culprits. but darn it, the villains went to me and snatched my handbag. In a flash, they jumped off the metromini. So in a matter of seconds I turned from hero to victim. The lady felt so sorry for me and tried to give me some money Emoticon: So funny i declined the offer and tried my best to look easy and calm, which was hard to do knowing that now I'm as poor as a mouse Emoticon: Cry

Ah well, win some lose some. That's my second encounters with pickpocket, last year I got punched by one when trying to stop a pickpocket in action. Dammit, they have no respect for women Emoticon: Eerie
That's all for now. Emoticon: Bye bye

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

Jantje
User
spacer line

Cheer up, Kinanti ! There maybe another one along in a minute... Emoticon: Wink

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

See it as a donation to a poor person who has nothing. You have a job he has maybe not even a place to sleep in.

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

Jantje
User
spacer line

Donít get me wrong. Pick pocketing is a serious offence. Especially if you and that old lady were on your way to donate money for the tsunami disaster. Look at it this way: The thief also wanted to give money, but he is poor, has no work. His skills are picking pockets and running fast. With the best intentions he brings the money to a collecting point. Maybe gives you peace of mind.
Btw, why do you highlight your problem at this time when many people loose their whole livelihood and nearest and dearest?

spacer line  

Dear Jantje,
please don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. I just want to share it, who knows it can inspire others in Jakarta not to be afraid of fighting pickpockets. And may they have better relfexes than I do. Really, my lost is NOTHING compared to what my brothers and sisters in Aceh lost recently. Believe me, Jantje, I am not that low.

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On a personal note; if find the remarks from both Jantje and Albert far below any civilty. I know this attitude from other forums but this is new for me here. In fact Pinta is now twice a victim, she seems to have to explain and prove that she has compassion with the tsunami victims.
How low can you get, indeed.

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Dear Jantje and Albert,

Please do think before you write this on a forum. One cannot compare a crime with a tsunami, so please do not make this comparison.

Second, you really think a thief is going to donate his money again! Think again guys. Steeling is a crime, learnt values and beliefs taught me that a crime never is a positive issue.

Maurits

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

reuveul
User
User icon of reuveul
spacer line

Emoticon: Shut up!

like to live in ID,but it takes a while to get there

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Pickpocketing is not yet an issue here on East Java. But I am afraid that one day, once the people know the trick it will be a common crime. And we can not do much about it. On Bali your pockets will be picked but than it will be done by highly skilled persons of whom you will not believe they would.

Sepp

Jantje
User
spacer line

Dear conservatives and narrow minders. My comments about Pintaís topic have helped her to let off steam, in which I succeeded. That was my intension. Maybe she herself isnít aware off it.
Low and uncivilized..? Come on DiederickÖNeither Albert or I asked her to prove her compassion with the tsunami victims. Your indignation is far fetched and your patronizing an insult for any emancipated woman. I didn't expect this from you!

Jantje
User
spacer line

....and put your energy and time in something USEFULL....

Ok, Sepp. Who are they, these highly skilled pick pockets in Bali, which you didn't expect.

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Dear Jantje,

If you are trying to type skillful english you might re-consider the word USEFULL....! Furthermore, no offence meant, so please keep your shirt on...

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Jantje
User
spacer line

Thanks, Maurits. A slip- of- the- pen. Thatís where criticism is for: You learn from it!
No hard feelings.
Emoticon: Smile

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Dear Jantje,

I am happy to learn from you, and I appreciate that you do not have any hard feelings towards me. I hope you understand me
I am just trying to stay positive
I am no preaching gent and I am no do-goody-goody either

Sepp Buys
User
User icon of Sepp Buys
spacer line

Jantje,

When your mind is set on the person you have been with for a longer time then just a one night stand and you figure out after teo days being with this person that a lot of money is missing, as well as the person, I might consider the person a thief but also a pick pocker. And spending my time and energy in something useful well what I do in my spare time weekend time my leisure time is never useful, hahahaha

Sepp

Jantje
User
spacer line

Sepp,

I agree. Two days is longer than one night. Who was it, where did it happen, was this person Indonesian? (which I can hardly believe). You make people curious. We, at least I, like to learn from other peoples experience.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 08-01-2005 08:57 Jantje wrote:
Dear conservatives and narrow minders. My comments about Pintaís topic have helped her to let off steam, in which I succeeded. That was my intension. Maybe she herself isnít aware off it.
Low and uncivilized..? Come on DiederickÖNeither Albert or I asked her to prove her compassion with the tsunami victims. Your indignation is far fetched and your patronizing an insult for any emancipated woman. I didnt expect this from you!

I find the remark " i wrote this so I helpeld her to let off steam" more patronizing, i have to say. I think that in some moments gentlemen have to step in on behalf of ladies-in-distress, despite their emancipated stature or not. That's how narrow minded and conservative I am. And proud of it.

Jantje
User
spacer line

Ofcourse, go ahead and tickle yourself. (They can't touch you for it)

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Dear Jantje,

Sometimes you just should admit defeat. Now you are just a puppet playing your own comedy. Do not try to have the last word time after time, it just does not work like that.

Maybe you are unable to judge right, going mad
Perhaps you always were
But when things was good you probably just didn't care
This is called irony
I bet when you must need to get up you got no energy
Time to time criticism will happen and you start to climb your ladder, doing so your thinking is unwrapping
The thing is no-one's listening, I bet your mates are laughing.

Jantje be wise do not reply...

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

For me, her story is just for getting attention from us.

As if nothing never happend to any of us in our live or in Indonesia.

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Of course Albert, I encountered several difficult situations in my life and also during my long stay in Indonesia. However, I believe that a forum is there to share information and to discuss about thoughts.

So if Ibu Pinta thinks this story is useful to share she just has to post it. I always enjoy reading experiences of other people, so concerning myself I "enjoy" reading this post.

And Albert, I believe you will encounter many difficult situations in the future disposing such a mentality towards people. Having such a negative attitude you will not come far in Indonesia nor do you come far in the rest of Asia...

saya mengharap kamu mengerti itu sekarang. Mungkin susah sekali untuk kamu, tapi kamu harus belajar.... mengusahakan diri... Ya Bapak Albert.... belajar dulu... sing ken ken...

Maurits

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

On 10-01-2005 21:43 maurits wrote:
And Albert, I believe you will encounter many difficult situations in the future disposing such a mentality towards people. Having such a negative attitude you will not come far in Indonesia nor do you come far in the rest of Asia...

saya mengharap kamu mengerti itu sekarang. Mungkin susah sekali untuk kamu, tapi kamu harus belajar.... mengusahakan diri... Ya Bapak Albert.... belajar dulu... sing ken ken... Maurits

That's your opinion, but I manage until now very well in Indonesia for already five years.

If you when doing business in Indonesia and keep on looking trough pink glasses, sooner or later you will have just enough money left for a single ticket back home.

Maybe for those living and doing business on Bali they hardly encounter any problems. Because the people on Bali or much different compaired to the people living on Java.

I think you for your advise, but you do not need to tell me how to behave or not to behave in Indonesia. I already have a very good teacher, who knows her own people very very well.

Jantje
User
spacer line

Maurits, my mates and I are having a great time. Please keep fuelling the fun!

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

In my view, harvested from my background and life experience, in this situation, it is better to carry a very large, and sharp sword, than a pen. Therefore I do not feel to place a reaction on your stupid and custed verses...

Jantje
User
spacer line

Maurits, are you a Sikh? (no offence)

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,027,794 topic views - 235,014 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,729 members - last post @ 18-11-2019 23:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,849,227 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com