indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Hello forummembers,

1st of all selamat tahun baru untuk semoa orang2 desini!
I'm curious if any members here have the idea of start a PT in Indonesia and if so,my question is if you need a partner (financial & operational).
I'm thinking very serious about starting business but need a partner next to me since this is the 1st time for me to start my own business. My working experiece is in export/import,transportation (chilled/frozen food & design clothing). This all in Holland (Raalte/Oldenzaal).
At the moment I'm located in Makassar but I'm focussing on Jkarta for starting (I have housing there also).

Also the I/T field is one of my interest.

Warm regards,

Martijn

Tel +62(0)411 875586
Email tyn_kleinsmannRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

spacer line  

Dear Martijn,
Setting up a business as a PT is not possible for foreigners.
If you want to establish a company it will be a PMA. (foreign investment company) To do that you need permits and there ar restrictions regarding the kind of businesses you can start. Also you need a minimum capital of approx 100.000 dollars US. For more information you can best contact BKPM http://www.bkpm.go.id/en/.
Good luck

Oud worden op bali? www.whitedolphins.nl or www.whitedolphins.net

reuveul
User
User icon of reuveul
spacer line

hello martijn ,
i,m willing to start a company too but for me it's very difficult.
the best thing too do is register the company in your wife's name.
(only when she has a ID pasport offcourse).
I want to start a buildingcompany (aannemerij),
and a school for children in jakarta. (childrenhoming)
But i need partners in the bussines..
It's better to talk on a normal base then in this forum,so you
better understand what i mean.
but i like your plan, maybe whe can share interest

friendly regards rob (almelo/jakarta)

robertkolkRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.wanadoo.nl
reuveulRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com

like to live in ID,but it takes a while to get there

Jantje
User
spacer line

Ask info at www.rami-services.com or e-mail ramiRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.indosat.net.id
attn. Ratna. She can help.

reuveul
User
User icon of reuveul
spacer line

thnxx jan..

gr rob

like to live in ID,but it takes a while to get there

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Pls check ur email rob...

thx

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

When starting your own business, I advise you to contact also some Dutch institutions. Contact INA (http://www.ina.or.id/) and arrange a meeting with Elmar Bouma. He is head of this office. INA is a kind of Indonesian/Dutch Chamber of Commerce and can do a lot for you with regards to advice, legal stuff and more. INA is conducting a marketing plan for us at this moment regarding the ICT in Indonesia.
I can give you the contacts of us in Indonesia (Jakarta) such as the laywer and notaris if you want. It is also advisable to open an Euro account at ABN AMRO. This brougth us a lot of trouble & time stress by the way. Shall I contact you by email?
Regards, Johan

Begin de details te vergeten

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

JohanN,

About Euro account and Abn/amro and many other banks?
Last year I opened one, they told me in Semarang only if the minimum account is always 5.000 Euro 's.

I don't know what they told you, when you opend one?

Regards,

Albert

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Hi Albert,
About the minimum amount, I do not know. We opened the account just before Christmas. In fact, we opened two, one at ABN, branch office Pondok Indah, and one at Permata Bank. We had some trouble with two institutions: ministery of foreign affairs (of Indonesia) first wanted that we opened a bank account before they supplied us a certain document. But.....in order to open the bank account, ABN told us first to obtain that document! That was a really funny situation. It is solved now, but I do not know how exactly. We have both the document and the bank account.
Regards, Johan

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

Graag Johan,

Ben erg benieuwd wat jij gaat doen en hoe je het hebt geregeld.Is dit PT of PT PMA?

Martijn

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

mijn mail tyn_kleinsmannRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com maar dat had ik al vermeld Emoticon: Smile

eveline
User
spacer line

On 03-01-2005 12:58 kleinsmann wrote:
Graag Johan,

Ben erg benieuwd wat jij gaat doen en hoe je het hebt geregeld.Is dit PT of PT PMA?

Martijn

Sorry anda yg lain, aku bicara bahasa belanda sebentar dengan mereka. Karena membuat PT di Indonsie bisa hanya ada caranya cusus, sorry

Hi Martij en Johan,

En PT of iets dergellijks is Indonesie is mogelijk...maar dan moet je bijvoorbeeld met een Indonesiers in zee gaan en een aandeel geven van bijvoorbeeld 5% en jij 95%. Dat is de truc die ik zelf ook namelijk toepast. Het beste is een informatie vragen via een betrouwbaar advocaat en notaris. Wees voorzichtig!
En wat ABN AMRO betreft, ik heb een rekeing bij de ABN en City bank.
Bij de ABN is minimun bedrag 2500 euro altijd op de rekeing staan en daarnaast is het verstandig om dan ook een tweede account bij de ABN in rupiah te openen. Het is handig zodat je zelf kunt bepalen wanneer je je euro in rupiah wilt wisselen en zonder extra precentage kan geld op te nemen. Want wil je in euro geld opnemen dan moet je zo a half tot 1% betalen.

gegroet, Eveline

Choose to be optimistic, it feels better. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito!

Jantje
User
spacer line

Het postbank betaalpakket is het voordeligst. www.postbank.nl . Citibank Indonesia is zeer slecht georganiseerd. Veel cadeau's en weinig service. Ik heb er veel nare ervaringen mee en ik raad het iedereen af.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Better late than never...Just read this posting..and thought the following information would be very helpful. (yeah I know it's quite long..)

Doing Business in Indonesia

Ever since Indonesia's independence, foreign companies have made major investments in Indonesia to develop its resources, build infrastructure, establish manufacturing facilities for export and/or provide products and services for the domestic market. The intricacies of setting up a company and making an investment in Indonesia are many. This article will serve as but a brief introduction to the topic.

Setting up Business Activities and a Company in Indonesia
To establish a business in Indonesia, if you do not require a local legal entity for the investment proposed, you could choose to appoint an Agent or Distributor, or set up a Representative Office. Many foreign investors at the early stage of entering the Indonesia market choose to set up an Agency Agreement or Representative Office, then later after the business starts to grow they will apply for a Foreign Direct Investment Company (FDI) status. This is referred to most commonly in Indonesia by its Indonesian acronym PMA, or Penanaman Modal Asing.

Representative Office
A Representative Office can be established depending upon the line of business and the necessary licenses issued by the related government department. The limitation of a Representative Office is that they are not allowed to conduct direct sales and cannot issue Bills of Lading.

Representative offices are set up primarily for marketing, market research, or as buying or selling agents. The related government ministries are:

• Representative Office from Ministry of Industry & Trade - for bilateral trade
• Representative Office from Ministry of Public Work - for consultant or contractor
• Representative Office from Ministry of Mining - for mining activities
• Representative Office from Ministry of Finance - for banking
• Representative Office from Investment Board (BKPM) - regional representative
To establish a Representative Office with permission from the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the company's head office needs to issue three letters:
• Letter of Intent - stating the intention of the company to establish a representative office
• Letter of Appointment - stating the appointment of the chief representative
• Letter of Statement - stating that the Chief Representative will follow Indonesian regulations

The three letters must be stamped by a notary public and approved by the Indonesian Embassy in the home country of the firm. Upon approval, the Indonesian Embassy will issue a Letter of Notification (Surat Keterangan). Upon completion of the four letters the process can continue to the related government ministry in Jakarta, to incorporate a fixed license for 2 years.

Other ministries require different types of letters.
Limited Liability Co or Perusahaan Terbatas (PT)
Foreign Direct Investment, most often referred to by its Indonesian abbreviation - PMA, is governed primarily by the Foreign Capital Investment Law No. 1 of 1967, amended by Law No. 11 of 1970. As a legal basis, the law is fairly accommodative to various deregulatory policies and measures to date, and those that will be taken by the government in the foreseeable future.

In addition to Investment Law No. 1/1967, PMA companies as well as other companies, in their business operations are still subject to sector/industrial policies as required by corresponding ministries.

Incorporation of PMA Company
The Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM), the government body which processes and handles FDI companies, issued an important deregulation package on PMA in May 1994 referred to as PP-20/1994. It was seen as a very significant step toward a much more conducive and attractive investment environment in Indonesia. The regulation:
• Allows 100% FDI investment in selected areas of business
• Limits foreign direct investment to 95%, with a minimum of 5% ownership by an Indonesian
• Allows FDI investment with certain conditions
• Stipulates the sectors which are closed to FDI investment
You can obtain a copy of the FDI application in English from Indonesian embassies overseas or from the Investment Coordinating Board office either from the head office in Jakarta or from regional offices in the provinces.

For those companies choosing to make a 100% foreign investment, there is a requirement that 15 years from the commencement of commercial operations, the 100% foreign shareholder must sell at least 5% of the firm to an Indonesian entity. A company which is initially 95% foreign owned is not subject to any divestment requirement.

The amount of capital to be invested in a foreign-owned company is decided by the investing parties themselves, and the BKPM approval is based on the economics and scale of the project. Foreign investment companies are basically free to choose where in Indonesia they will set up operations, with the proviso that factories must be in areas zoned for industry or in an industrial estate.
The life of foreign investment companies has been extended by allowing the renewal of the fixed operating license (IUT) for an additional 30 years. In other words, the initial licenses are valid for 3 years (SPPP BKPM), plus 2 x 30 years, for a total of 63 years.
The process of incorporation of a new foreign direct investment company:

Initial License (valid for 3 years)
Step 1. Prepare and send the application with required documentation, compiled according to the investment plan. Set up a joint venture agreement if you are making the investment with Indonesian partners.
Step 2. Obtain the Initial License (SPPP BKPM), valid for 3 years.
Step 3. Incorporation of SPPP BKPM
a. Establish Articles of Association with a Public Notary detailing proof of capital investment, and send it to the Ministry of Justice for approval and issuance of State Gazette
b. Registration of company address with local council (domicile)
c. IRD registration (NPWP + PKP)
d. Registration with the Department of Industry and Trade (TDP)
Step 4. Key expatriate positions (work permits)
Fixed Operating License (30 years)
Step 5. Prepare and send the 6-month report (LKPM) to the provincial BKPM office as well as UUG (HO) nuisance act to the regional office of BKPM
Step 6. Incorporate facilities - Master list/APIT or property ownership
Step 7. Provincial approval for Fixed Licenses (BAP)
Step 8. Fixed License (IUT) for 30 years is issued

A Limited Liability company is established either under foreign shareholders or through a joint venture with Indonesians or wholly owned by Indonesian shareholders and must be approved by the Ministry of Justice. It doesn't matter who is the owner of an Indonesian Limited Liability company, they must comply with Indonesian law and are considered an Indonesian company and the company can subsequently be changed or sold to the shareholders, foreign or Indonesian.

Offshore Incorporation

In some situations, it may be to an investor's advantage to incorporate their firm offshore, while operations are carried out in Indonesia. The advantages and disadvantages of offshore usually focus on the facilities offered by tax havens in nations like Mauritius and the Cayman Islands. Your management consultant can assist you in making this important decision.

Taxation and Labor Law

Another important matter is the Taxation and Labor Law. It is compulsory to report taxes on a monthly basis and follow Indonesian labor law.

As you can see from this very brief introduction, the process is a complicated and lengthy one and can be a virtual mine field to those who are unfamiliar with dealing with Indonesian ministries. It is essential to acquire the advisory services of a professional investment consultant which specializes in assisting foreign companies who want to establish businesses in Indonesia.

****** I did my share...where's my commission?*** Emoticon: Smile

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Martijn, how΄s the progress of yr efforts? Did you receive my email?

darisini
User
User icon of darisini
spacer line

What if someone just wants to bring a bag of cash from their home country and start a business in RI. Make the wife the owner , and put everything under her name. Can she then 'hire' the husband and can they thus start a business like that?

- What kind of paperwork need to be arranged?
- And what kind of visa needs to be applied for?
- How often does the visa is a visum valid and where can it be regained?

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Another idea for the website of Indahnesia: a kind of a business section with articles about how to arrange things in Indonesia and/or what the procedures are. There is a lot to talk about and already a lot you can find on the expat site, but maybe it is a good idea to make all this for Dutch business men who wants to do business in Indonesia. Also think about the institutions and persons who you can contact.
For example, last week I had a very good conversation with Mr. Ginting of economical affairs of the embassy of Indonesia in the Netherlands. He is very smart and can do a lot for you if you want to start up yr own business in Indonesia. He can arrange all the legal documents for the PMA/PT instead of doing it in Indonesia.
Regards,
Johan

nona
User
spacer line

Dear Everyone,

I agree what Desi told you all, its not so easy to start business in Indonesia, which condition of environment, sometime make you headache, but I agree also advice from johaN, he did experienced with INA so am I, The best you can do for protect your asset contact with them, they have all answer you need for, because INA also protect our investment in Indonesia.

You now the best you can do, you just go to specific place of market your start with own research what can be done, what can you do and growth in this business, but dont start and expect big and a lof of amount Rp. 0000000000, mostly went wrong.

Research and information is the best way to coupe all information you need for your business, to start something need also people who can trust with in business, because business is very taft and difficult to find business partner, eventhoug you need Indonesia partner, you should check it out their company profile and their asset is positief or negative but not only black on white, should be real one.

If you do research very carefully and patiently everything goes smoothly at least you know what you can begin with.

success any further information you can also member of INA 400 euro a year you can get all information you need from them.

kindly regards, Pipiet

gmee01
User
User icon of gmee01
spacer line

Hallo,
since november 2004 my Indonesian partner has, tru me, a P.T , in which I am an employee. The whole proces costed us ca. 10 months and IDR. 28.000.000,- This includes the P.T, my KITAS (for 1 year) and the fee of the agency that helped us tru the process and the notaris -fee. For the KITAS i had to pay the yearly fee of US$ 1200,-
On paper (official Indonesian documents) I am the one , who is providing a loan to start a business , in which I will be marketing advisor.I became an employee of his P.T. As far as taxes concerned Indonesia also knows clemency on starters. For the first 3 years it will be a minimum. After 3 years the P.T. will be tax-wise re-evaluated. We did this whole proces with a cousin of my partner who works for an agency that specializes in these matters. Beside the amount of money that was involved, struck me the total of pass=photos in different sizes that I had to sent with all the paper-work( a total of 36) Friendly greetings Gerard

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Hi Gerard,

Yes, photo΄s are favorite items to send and include in documents! 2 weeks ago we posted an advertisement in Kompass for recruiting Software Engineers and some accounting staff. We received a lot (!) responses and almost all came with a pass photo. Some were very hilarious. Maybe you know what I mean: people who never go on pictures or never wear a tie, now are on a pass photo, last minute made or on a picture of, I guess, 5 or 6 years old if I take a look at what they wear. No offense to the people of course.
Regards, Johan

darisini
User
User icon of darisini
spacer line

On 16-02-2005 18:34 gmee01 wrote:
Hallo,
since november 2004 my Indonesian partner has, tru me, a P.T , in which I am an employee. The whole proces costed us ca. 10 months and IDR. 28.000.000,- This includes the P.T, my KITAS (for 1 year) and the fee of the agency that helped us tru the process and the notaris -fee. For the KITAS i had to pay the yearly fee of US$ 1200,-
On paper (official Indonesian documents) I am the one , who is providing a loan to start a business , in which I will be marketing advisor.I became an employee of his P.T. As far as taxes concerned Indonesia also knows clemency on starters. For the first 3 years it will be a minimum. After 3 years the P.T. will be tax-wise re-evaluated. We did this whole proces with a cousin of my partner who works for an agency that specializes in these matters. Beside the amount of money that was involved, struck me the total of pass=photos in different sizes that I had to sent with all the paper-work( a total of 36) Friendly greetings Gerard

Would you mind enlighten us with the sites and other sources you accessed to get the proper info to get started.
KITAS info, where to arrange it, costs etc.. and regulations about starting a PT. And what happens after 3 yrs? do they inspect your business then or something? and base the tax on that?
Thanks in advance,
Darisini

gmee01
User
User icon of gmee01
spacer line

Hallo Darisini,
if you like to get detailed info, u can contact me at : gmeeldertRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
friendly greetings Gerard

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,745,379 topic views - 236,098 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,371 members - last post @ 18-01-2020 19:05 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,435,910 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com