- Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > A visum to Indonesia.... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (4 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line

Hello everyone,

in september i'm going to Indonesia for 3 months and i found out that i will be needing a social culturel visum for this. In order to get this visa i'll need a sponsor. My question is: where can i find someone to sponsor me??

Thanks in advance for your answer!

spacer line

Hi Janet,

These days you can apply for and receive a 60 day tourist visa in your home country or in one of the countries close by to Indonesia and that 60 day visa can be extended at 30 days a time for 250,000 rupiah.
You will need a sponsor for this extension but seeing you will have been in Indonesia for almost 60 days by then you will have made numerous contacts - one of whom could be your sponsor.
Here is a recent post on LP Thorn Tree where timdog explains this very well.
Read Post 2. by timdog.
The number for the tourist visa is 211 which is the same as the SOSBUD visa you mentioned above which requires a letter from an Indonesian sponsor with a current ID.
This type of visa requires a lot of planning and so on.

What will you be doing during your 3 months in Indonesia - staying in one place or moving around the country side.
Also where will you be in Indonesia during this 3 months?

spacer line  

Most agencies / business that offer the service to arrange your social-cultural visa, also offer the sponsor. Sometimes at an additional charge, sometimes as a part of the package they offer. Depends on the agency.

The only other way is to actually know someone in Indonesia (i.e. an Indonesian citizen with a valid KTP / identity card) who can meet the requirements to be eligible to be your sponsor and who's willing to put that in writing (standard letter).

If you have nothing to loose, you can risk everything

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

94,716,369 topic views - 242,044 posts - 13,758 topics - 35,455 members - last post @ 20-10-2021 20:21 CET

Created by · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by · · ·

154,447,368 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at