indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
Today is Feb 1st and the Volcanic Register has NOT been updated.
I would like to know WHY.
So many travellers are wanting to go to Gunung Bromo etc but no up to date news here.
I use this site so often as a reference when I am posting on other forums and feel very disappointed it is not up to date.
Hoping for an explanation soon.
Pamela

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

pPamela;

The list with alert levels is updated daily, but the last change in alert status dates from late December, as you can also see on the source website of the Indonesian Geological Survey.

If an alert status is changed here, it will also be updated on indahnesia.com of course.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Yerun,
Thank you for the explanation. Well, they are not really up to date because Gunung Bromo has been erupting to such an extent that flights from Australia to Bali were cancelled.
And there was a report the other day Krakatau was getting quite active again too.
Here is Volcano Live's latest update featuring Bromo, Krakatau and Merapi.
www.volcanolive.com/news.html
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Yerun,
Thank you for the explanation. Well, they are not really up to date because Gunung Bromo has been erupting to such an extent that flights from Australia to Bali were cancelled.
And there was a report the other day Krakatau was getting quite active again too.
Here is Volcano Live's latest update featuring Bromo, Krakatau and Merapi.
www.volcanolive.com/news.html
Pamela

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Not up to date? Well, it's the only government institute in Indonesia keeping themselves busy with this kind of things, so I think I can assume that they have their things in order.

For the latest news however, you should check http://blog.indahnesia.com where there are some new blog items from late last month concerning Bromo and Krakatau. In line with the messages on the website you provided as far as I can see.

spacer line  

Dear Pamela,

The day before yesterday, my wife and I tried to go to volcano Bromo with some tourist to arrive there before the sun rise. But the visibility was really too bad due to the dust in the air.

We had to return. Then yesterday, we approached the Volcano from the Probolingo side and there we could admire Bromo from about 1 km distance, during the day light.

For breathtaking sun rises and sun sets, the Ijen massive is a good replacement for Bromo.

Henny and Walter

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,745,379 topic views - 236,098 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,371 members - last post @ 18-01-2020 19:05 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,435,761 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com