indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Indonesian Economy Could Be In Top 10 On Global Position
November 18, 2010

London – The Indonesian economy in 2030 is predicted to be in the rows of the top 10 of total global economic power. In a recent report “The Super-Cycle Report” released by Standard Chartered Bank
(Stanchart), stated that Indonesia even get past the Japanese.

Indonesia in the next two decades will be under German, French, Russian, and English who are in sixth to ninth.

Nevertheless, Indonesia in the next decade is expected to beat four countries. At that time, Indonesia will be in fifth place in the world with gross domestic product (GDP) US $ 9,3 trillion, while Japan’s GDP in sixth with US $ 8,4 trillion.

bisa dicek of makemyday .

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

With the fourth-largest population in the world it was about time that they started creating some form of sustainable economy in this country...

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

It's a western conclusion which totally ignores the negative impact of the culture and behavior of the inhabitants (values, standards, morality, intensity of initiative, responsibility, mutual respect, civilization, humanity) on these predictions. Don't look only to a country from the economic perspective which propably is functioning in the western cultures, but you have also to take in mind the social impact on the economy; especially when it's concerning a culture and behavior which doesn't fit in the current economical global situation.

monyet
User
User icon of monyet
spacer line

Yogya Bali, thank you, thank you!
It is a retarded and outdated view to look only at quantitive achievements and not at qualitative. There is still so much going on in Indonesia that needs to be improved, like human rights (e.g. Papua), respecting the environment (e.g. palm oil plantations) and an acceptable division of wealth across the country's citizens.
Like in many emerging countries, wealth in Indonesia ends up in the hands of a happy few. GDP as a way of measuring a country's success is completely foolish and must be changed! The oil spill in the Gulf helped the US GDP and so did the Iraq war! Does this mean such happenings should be applauded? I think not. I think we should look at more sustainable ways of creating and sharing wealth in the century to come.

From Dayeuhkolot with love

oyibo
User icon of oyibo
spacer line

Indonesia is far from beeing a developed country, not only in terms of infrastructure, availability of drinking water etc. Education, religion, social structures are not speeding up the process. It's also not about having a money, or a lot of it. It is how one spends it.

Indonesia exists of mainly people living on their 'own" island.

I feel it will take 2 generation or more until Indonesia dicovers it's own full potential.

It's only kinky the first time.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

I even think it takes more generations. Recently I had a discussion with an Indonesian expert on economy (UGM) and he told me that his country is still far away from being able to create a sustainable economy because of uneffective human resources. It's very hard to find anyone who dares to take initiative (keyword no.1 for innovation and lift up an economy) and is able to take any responsibility. His own (but also mine) perception is that things are going downwards instead of upwards; especially when we're talking about developing own-initiative.
Also I agree with Oyibo that religion is not speeding up the process. Worse it is even retarding the process. Back to Fred Flintstone-age.

doobie
User
spacer line

Two generations? That would mean the acceptance of corruption would be gone. The bureaucratic red tape would have disappeared. The education system would be teaching critical thinking.

What else? Oh, nationalism would take a back seat to progress. Huge improvements in infrastructure.

And the biggest of all, the people stop accepting the status quo and start demanding good and honest government.

Dutchess
User
User icon of Dutchess
spacer line

But there are also huge overlooked emerging giants in every corner of the world. In the Middle East, Turkey and Saudi Arabia will attract a lot of attention. Turkey is one of the world’s most dynamic economies (and certainly more dynamic than its ancient sparring partner, Greece). Saudi Arabia has been liberalising its business environment rapidly, according to the World Bank’s annual “Doing Business” survey (see article). In Latin America people will take another look at Mexico for its successful companies and thriving middle class. But the biggest praise will be for Indonesia: it will be the emerging-market star of 2011, with analysts lauding its innovative companies, growing middle class and relative political stability.

http://www.economist.com/node/17493411

wablief?

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,886,228 topic views - 234,939 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,674 members - last post @ 15-11-2019 11:26 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,721,232 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com