indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Hello All,

Question:

Does the Netherland recognize dual citizenships? If yes, what is the benefits?

Let me know your thought please.

Thank you
Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

lopulisa
User
User icon of lopulisa
spacer line

Hello Desi,
In reply t o your question, dual citizenship is allowed by the Dutch Government, no problems about that but about your 2nd question....
no, you won't have any favours or profits concerning the Netherlands, cause this country is 'stable' in every sense of the word......wow (=with other words), you still have to pay taxes etc while living here in Holland, you won't be excluded to certain taxes as e.g. VAT (= btw) or property tax (=onroerend goed belasting).
It's nice to be in the possession on 2 passports but it's more worth to the country where that passport belongs to.
I might be wrong but this is what as far as my knowledge informs me concerning international law.
Margie Lopulisa

Laysa Lopulisa

Kruyfie
User
spacer line

I just read it today in www
that CDA opposes the dual nationality, claiming that it hinders intergration

you can check the news :
www.expatica.com/source/site_a(...)l_id=1&story_id=4164

shuisheng
User
spacer line

maybe dutch gov eccep but RI still not eccept.

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

how do you know?...you're not RI anyway.....hehehe....

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Hi Shui Sheng.... do you think someday RI will recognize dual citizenship or this is imposible?

Well I learn the word nothing is imposible.. he he he

Dual Citizenship is something that we (mixed couple --> Indonesian married to Foreigner) are fighting for.. wish us luck!

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I hate to say it, but I guess Shuisheng is right. Indonesia does not accept dual nationality. There are quite a few number of countries in the world which do not accept dual citizenships. Especially countries with a nationalist state culture (and off course we would not be accused of that in the Netherlands!). So if you originate from those countries your other nationality does not have any validity there. And I presume that it is even not seen as a positive thing (treason?).
Off course dual nationality has a lot of advantages. My son, although one and a half years old, has two passports, two different names, will be entitled to two national pensionplans (if they exist then still, i guess not), can be a resident of either country, can buy property etc. etc. A pity that I cannot get another nationality. I will propose to the Dutch government that all citizens can choose a second nationality to their liking!

budowono1
User
spacer line

yeah it is consittered to be treason.
althaugh manny people have it's officialy forbithen cause if RI find out they say chose Indonesia atau belanda.
cause it is according to law not allowed but ectualy quite logic how can one have 2 nationality a person also has 1 identaty so why have two it is inlogical

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Dear Budowono1 (are there others?)

What do you think of the fact that people who were born in Indonesia and lived their all their lives, are -until now- not entitled to Indonesian citizenship? You know which people I mean. In a way you are related to them.
I think in some ways dual citizenship can be a motor of more understanding between people, as you are rooted in two cultures and make it work. Don't you think so?

budowono1
User
spacer line

yes but it not allowed go ask diatas imigrasi if don beleef go to Tobias asserlaan 8 and ask at ambasey or jl cikini-raya
you see it nice thaught but not allowed

dual citizenship can be a motor of more understanding between people, as you are rooted in two cultures and make it work. Dont you think so?

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I know that Indonesia is not supporting dual citizenship. That is a pity, but difficult to change. But it is nice to know you support the idea anyway!

gaul_abes
User
User icon of gaul_abes
spacer line

As far as I know, Dutch government no longer supports dual citizenships anymore. I've heard that this is a new law, can someone confirm this ... ?! Emoticon: Nice

DIM-C is a free, fun and relaxing club for indonesian mixed couples worldwide who are in search of friendships.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

No that is not (completely) true. There are some political parties in the Dutch parliament which are in favour of abolishing this possibility, which by the way is quite recent, because they think it hinders the integration of immigrants (dual loyality and that kind of thing). Their plan is that the immigrant after a certain time has to choose one nationality. It is the question if these plans will come to something, and if so, it will still take years for any law to come in effect. Finally it will only apply to new cases, I think.

shuisheng
User
spacer line

= edit =

spacer line  

Law regarding dual citizenship are quite complicated and are different in different countries so one must be clear about laws otherwise one could land in troubles and should have could legal adviser to go through whole process easily and comfortably.

sukadi46
User
spacer line

If you want to know about dual citinzship go and visit this site
http://www.petisidkindonesia.c(...)araan-di-indonesia/.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

46,201,736 topic views - 220,390 posts - 13,400 topics - 15,619 members - last post @ 24-04-2017 15:30 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

84,527,863 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com