indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > See my website ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share with you all an amazing charity in Indonesia - namely Sumatra and Aceh called Children of Sumatra.org created and run by Katie Pavett and her Achenese husband Ali and a wonderful team that also includes Dutch doctors who volunteer their services in September and October every year to help with the very difficult cleft palate operations.
The wonderful Dutch doctors also train the local Indonesian surgeons in their procedures - a win win situation.
Check out Katie's website.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WEBSITE AND FOLLOWING LINKS SHOW SOME VERY DISTURBING facial sights but at the same time are followed by the WONDERFUL OUTCOMES AFTER AMAZING SURGERY.
farthingdown.brinkster.net/cos/index.htm
and on Facebook www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=99761773888

Photos of Children Of Sumatra .org at work in Sumatra with detailed information.
www.flickr.com/photos/evacolla(...)omolleda/3977001492/

The following videos give you a look at the immense organisation that goes into all the operations on the children with cleft palate problems and also the follow up visits.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_aYlDb9BI
and www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzAr69SEHRs

and the latest 2010 video. A very heart warming video of the wonderful work being done in Sumatra and now Aceh by this charity.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FM-Ti0U8K0

If you have ever wanted to donate to an organisation in Indonesia, but were unsure which one to choose may I suggest Katie and her charity - childrenofsumatra.org

I personally have been helping Katie for many years now and gave her my donation after the earthquake and resultant tsumani in Dec 2004.
I first met Katie just over one month later on 30th January 2005, gave her my donation and watched as she and her organisation threw themselves into the tsumani work before resuming their cleft palate operation work two years later in 2007.
And last year whilst I was surfing the net I found this link about Katie being awarded an award usually reserved for Rotarians and well known world leaders.
www.billingshurst-rotary.net/page1.html

Katie is an amazing young western woman who with her husband Ali has dedicated their lives to helping those with cleft palate in Indonesia and definitely deserve our financial support no matter how small or large.
Pamela Emoticon: Smile

pPamela
User
spacer line

Here is another couple of the videos made about Children Of Sumatra. These ones were produced before the one linked in the previous post www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXmCVD7FyKo and
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzAr69SEHRs
Pamela

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,842,965 topic views - 236,146 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,450 members - last post @ 23-01-2020 07:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,599,426 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com