indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > See my website ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,

Bukit Lawang in North Sumatra is a very popular area that travellers flock to from all parts of the world to see the Orangutans.
Bukit Lawang has over 80 registered guides and choosing one can be quite difficult, especially if one arrives and is inundated with a number of guides all wanting to take one trekking.
Checking out information about a guide before hand can avoid that situation and one can have a wonderful experience trekking in the jungle and looking for orangutans.

Thomas is one guide who has been guiding for many years and knows how to look after the traveller whilst trekking the jungle and very importantly he understands how to treat the orangutan encountered on a trek - a skill many of the younger inexperienced guides in BL lack.
Check out Thomas's website for all information.
www.thomasjungletours.com/
Here is part from a set of posts about guides in Bukit Lawang from the English couple who made the website for Thomas .

My wife and I did a jungle trek from Bukit Lawang in May 2008 and used a local guide called Thomas, we were so impressed with his knowledge and experience but concerned that other guides were calling themselves Thomas on the back of his success. When we got home (a year later!) we helped him to put together a website:
http://www.thomasjungletours.com/
Matt and Catherine

He also has his own Face Book page.
www.facebook.com/group.php?gid(...)2805649092474&ref=ts
Here are some reviews about a trip to Bukit Lawang where the travellers had Thomas as their guide.
www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-(...)umatra.html#24656931
www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-(...)1245825489/tpod.html
and a little video made by travellers about Thomas
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt3TlerRFn4

Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,

Whilst looking at reviews on Trip Advisor today I found 5 reviews on travellers' experiences trekking with Thomas in Bukit Lawang.
www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction(...)Sumatra_Sumatra.html
Pamela Emoticon: Smile

pPamela
User
spacer line

bump

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,
Thought this post deserved to be back up at the top again.
Planning on a trip to Bukit Lawang and want a great guide.
Contact Thomas and see if he is available to take you on tour.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,

Thomas is doing really well these days and has his own accomodation now.
Here are some Trip Advisor reviews from happy travellers.
tinyurl.com/burefdp
Pamela

spacer line  

Hi Pamela,

I have been trying to transfer some money for a deposit to Thomas, do you know of anyone else who has done this? I am having trouble getting the details need to transfer from him (just confusion, language barriers and some miscommunication) and we have tried to call each other a few times but to no avail.

I really just need his First name, Last name and address. Any one else out there who can help - it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Joey

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Joey,

Would you mind sending me an email to pamela_fugeRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com.au and I will do my best to help you.
I need to ask you some questions and do not wish to discuss on a public forum.

I personally have had lots and lots of experience sending money to Indonesia over 15 years and everything MUST be 100% correct - no mispelling to what is written on their ID card etc. or not possible to collect the money.
I had an experience only 2.5 months ago. :(

Yes, it is perfectly ok for the guide to ask for a deposit to protect himself from no shows and esp after he has said no to other potential clients.
But trying to get the money to them can be difficult because of the lack of Paypal in Indonesia for ordinary people without a credit card.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi joeydarcy89,

I am still waiting for your email. Have been able to get some private information for you.
Please email me as I suggested in previous post.
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

I am very very puzzled by the original post by joedarcy89 who asked for help.
This is the 3rd reply from me and coming up to 6 days since he wrote the post and I have heard nothing.
NOT sure what the purpose of the original post was, especially when I have been ignored in my attempt to help.

Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Again,

Thomas mentioned above is one of the very special caring guides in Bukit Lawang whom I had the pleasure of knowing for a number of years plus some of the members of his lovely family.
I thought it would be nice for eveyone to read a great recent review about him from Trip Advisor from a traveller 22nd July.
www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRe(...)Sumatra.html#REVIEWS
Pamela

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

Hey Pam,

If you are still on line: due to provider problems I've lost your emailadress. The adress in your profile is an old one and unless I am doing something wrong the emails cannot be delivered.

I am looking for info about Simuelue-island.

Otherwise send me an email which I can reply.

Thx
Anne Mieke

Need information about Flores? Take a look at the website "FLORES SURGA KITA" https://www.travel2flores.info/ (including many photo's) Avatar: Sarotari, Larantuka, the exact place the Palmerah bridge will be built. http://www.tidalbridge.com/

erwin
User
User icon of erwin
spacer line

Anne Mieke,

I've got Pamela's emailadress. I will send it to you.

Greetings from Labuanbajo. Emoticon: Party!

Het is beter spijt te hebben van iets dat je gedaan hebt, dan spijt te hebben om iets dat je niet gedaan hebt

erwin
User
User icon of erwin
spacer line

Correction Anne Mieke, the emailadress above is still working. I received an email from Pamela through this adress just a couple of weeks ago.

Het is beter spijt te hebben van iets dat je gedaan hebt, dan spijt te hebben om iets dat je niet gedaan hebt

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

Hm. Strange. Thx anyway I will try it once again.
Labuan Bajo..... jealous Emoticon: Wink

Need information about Flores? Take a look at the website "FLORES SURGA KITA" https://www.travel2flores.info/ (including many photo's) Avatar: Sarotari, Larantuka, the exact place the Palmerah bridge will be built. http://www.tidalbridge.com/

erwin
User
User icon of erwin
spacer line

I know Emoticon: Wink

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Anne Mieke,

Have been thinking about you a lot lately. And you are trying to contact me.
Email address is pamela_fugeRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com.au
Receiving emails from travellers all the time wanting maps and information.
Hoping you are successful.
Off to check my Yahoo Inbox and Spam folder as emails going into both. lol.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Update on previous posts involving joey.
Joey has finally been in contact via email and all has been sorted out.
Pamela.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

80,686,044 topic views - 237,917 posts - 13,715 topics - 29,375 members - last post @ 29-03-2020 20:35 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

131,598,478 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com